Change Order Of Product Display In Categories

fromoutofthecrowd

Customer seeks to display particular products based upon a particular liking.

I did not find any type of drag-n-drop functionality so I have been selecting PRODUCTS, then filtering by category and then the resulting list of products are pick-n-choose, by slowing moving up or down using the up and down arrows to manipulate the position of each product in the category.

Even that does not change the position of the product on the front-end until I visit each product and resave it to push it up so it shows up first on the front-end.

Aside from my slow-poke method above, is there a way to quickly drop-n-drag products on the back-end and avoid having to revisit each product to resave each newly positioned product and get each product to quickly display in a particular order when viewing on the live website?

PRESTASHOP 1.5.3.1 doesn't offer a prompt drag-n-drop functionality for these purposes as best I can tell.

Any solutions to speed this task up?

Customer wants to decide which products are listed first and which come next so on. His choice is not based upon price, reviews but based upon the profit he earns for the products I suppose or maybe how he feels when he wakes up that day. Today yellow products, tomorrow he may want to display read and blue products first. Hopefully you know the answer to my question, is there a faster way of drag-n-dropping products on the back end without using those hopeless up and down buttons to reposition products in the order the customer seeks today? PS --- and thank you for responding so promptly.

• 2 weeks later...

hey cocothecat.

how would one do it by hand?

i am adding products to my shop and just realized i might like to change the order around a bit and have like 4 dark shirts then a light one, 2 dark then a light one, etc...

so far i've added 10 dark and just now adding a light but there must be a way to manually change the order of appearance on the category page right.

i would only need to do this once in a while.

thanks,

jer...