Anyone use A2hosting before which is recommended by Prestashop?

Dear all,

Anyone use A2hosting before which is recommended by Prestashop on Jan 2013?

I'm planing to change hosting from Hostmonster. Bluehost is same company with hostmonster and both are not so good for prestashop as discuss by some of the prestashop member.

Bluehost/Hostmonster

Major issue was CPU Ththrottling

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218418-bluehost-hosting-problems/

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/217931-optimize-prestashop-in-bluehost/

HostGator

was recommended by many prestashop user but i just get a bad news. That person was using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 got shutdown by the hosting company.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/233285-hostgator-shutdown-my-site-server-overload/

A2hosting

Which i temporary do not have info? Anyone use it before? How is it? What are the pro and cons?

I'm planning to subscribe prime + SSD plan transfer from my current provider which is hostmonster.

Hi Goodboy88,

We have many installations of PrestaShop on our servers and they run great. Your choice to use the Prime+SSD option is a good one, it speeds up PrestaShop significantly as compared to hosting on traditional SAN or Spinning Disk-based servers. The one point at which we see some frustration is from people who try and install PrestaShop manually, especially if they've never installed a package like PrestaShop before. We recommend using our easy-install through Softaculous, which will install PrestaShop automatically with all of the default settings that work best on our servers. You can see the KB article for running the install here: https://my.a2hosting.com/knowledgebase.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=894&nav=0

If you have any specific questions about our hosting feel free to post them here or PM me and I'll get right back to you.

Thanks,

Andy

I cannot see how the SSD would help a normal shop. From all of the testing I have done the bottlenecks are in the CPU and the SQL configuration. If you have a good enough SQL installation you can cache a lot of queries so they will execute from memory.

A SSD will speed the server in general up, but I don't think in a shared environment you will see any noticeable performance increase.

I cannot see how the SSD would help a normal shop. From all of the testing I have done the bottlenecks are in the CPU and the SQL configuration. If you have a good enough SQL installation you can cache a lot of queries so they will execute from memory.

A SSD will speed the server in general up, but I don't think in a shared environment you will see any noticeable performance increase.

Hi Dh42,

What about Manage VPS Hosting with package Power+ on A2hosting? Base on your experience and A2hosting spec listed, will it really be a good choice to host Prestashop?

One thing is that they didn't mention the CPU Speed.

You are right, they do not. They actually do not list them in a way that I am familiar with. Most places that sell VPS accounts sell by instance of CPU's or cores. Like a popular server has Intel Xeon E3-1230 4 x 3.2 Ghz processors in it. So you have 4 processors with 4 cores per processor. What most companies do is either sell by cores or by processors. Like say you are buying a vps package, you can pick how many cores or processors you want for your account. Like check these few companies out.

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=4

http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/vps-hosting.php

The way that A2 has it written, I am guessing that you are buying "time" on the whole machine.

As far as recommending them, I would head and shoulders above bluehost, but I haven't used them either. I can't say that I have heard anything bad about A2 either.

We do not publish processor speeds for our shared/VPS accounts because they are not true representations of what you get, which is the case for the vast majority of shared and VPS providers.

With shared, you are not guaranteed any specific amount of processor time, you are guaranteed processor availability, and the TOS specifies you cannot run anything on your shared account that would compromise or overuse the processor on your server.

For VPS, you purchase vCPU's, which represent an allotted portion of the overall processor time. The more vCPU's you have, the more of the shared processor allotment you are given.

Our VPS's all run on recent, server-grade hardware, and we restrict the number of VPS's per server to ensure availability of processor time and resources to each VPS running on that server.

This is where you'll see a marked difference between us and the discount VPS providers out there. You may be able to get a VPS for $5/month at a discount VPS provider, but they are likely overselling their servers and/or using cheaper hardware.

Hi Dh42,

Currently i'm using Hostmonster which is the same company with bluehost. As far as i know prestashop script running on hostmonster is quite slow and there are some restriction too. Even the pro package is not as good as it seems. I haven't use the pro package but the do have restriction on the pro package also.

There is a wide range of what is considered server grade hardware. A dedicated server from godaddy has a single i-3 in it on the low end and a dedicated from were i use has 4 xeon's in it on the low end.

How does the number in the vps correspond to seconds of a minute of processing?

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

right now i am running prestashop with around 90 product categories, 3000 active products and 900 visitors per day. Which plan do you think will suitable for me if i decide to host with a2 in near future?

Note: I am only run basic module that come with prestashop on my store and not running any "Heavy bandwith consumption module" like livechat, video [spam-filter], mailing list or something like that.

thank you

hi,

right now i am running prestashop with around 90 product categories, 3000 active products and 900 visitors per day. Which plan do you think will suitable for me if i decide to host with a2 in near future?

Note: I am only run basic module that come with prestashop on my store and not running any "Heavy bandwith consumption module" like livechat, video [spam-filter], mailing list or something like that.

thank you

Hi Laxiola,

Our Prime+SSD hosting would be OK for you - if you expect to continue growing you may want to switch to a VPS or Managed VPS.

Thanks,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I just moved to A2 hostng 2 days ago, support is responsive at first step, transfer of prestashop website has been ok...(for french : opinion et avis sur a2 hosting), pages are loading fast...

But big problem today, I was beginning to work on admin to enter some products, after 3 minutes (yes 3 min), admin and website are down, even cpanel...

They respond by giving this link that they work on this :

https://my.a2hosting...erverstatus.php

A few hours later, all seem working back, I go back to my admin, website, all ok, and 5 minutes all again is down, and from this time 5 hours have passed, no news, and I have sent 4 emails, nobody seem never available by chat like usual...

I've informed Prestashop to know why they recommend such hosting company ... let see how it goes, but for sure I'll use 30 days money back guarantee if another problem appear, I also think that I should consider immediately to leave this company, have a look at this link :

http://www.webhostin.../A2Hosting.html

40% customers unstatisfied, and the rest of them seem happy, knowing all the fact that they may have not remarked that blow eevry time nearly all servers, and nobody is notified of it when happening, there is a silent strategy there, and I have never seen such behavior, I think there is simply a lack of competencies with the engineers...18 months with problem simply unbelievable ...

I have found some other links of reviews, and it seem to confirm :

http://www.webhostingreviews.com/a2-hosting-reviews.htm

Edited by jojo6969 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi jojo6969,

Thanks for offering your feedback. I apologize for the downtime happening early in your experience with A2 Hosting - it's not typical by any means and I will be happy to take a look and see what happened. I'm not sure which server you are on so I can't speak directly to what happened with the downtime you experienced or the ticket responses. If you would like to PM me your information I'll take a look and can address those issues more specifically.

In regard to the sites you listed, and your note that 40% of customers are unsatisfied, the first site you listed shows us as having 4 out of 5 stars in all categories reviewed, and the second site you linked to has not had a review in over a year and only has 7 reviews which is not nearly enough to justify it being proportionally accurate.

If you take a look at http://www.shopperapproved.com/certificates/www.a2hosting.com/ you'll see out of 179 reviews, we maintain a 5 out of 5 star rating. We don't manage or have any control over Shopper Approved - they are a service that surveys and ranks online retailers and service providers.

We have many, many happy customers, and our overall uptime is very high and guaranteed at 99.9% - we care so much about maintaining our uptime we publish our live uptime statistics for the whole world to see: http://www.a2hosting.com/server-uptime-report

If you would like me to take a closer look and get back to you about your downtime and tickets, just PM me your info, and thanks for hosting with us. I'll do everything I can to make your experience happy and trouble-free.

Thanks,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I had try A2 hosting using manage VPS Power+ and SSD. The speed is faster then hostmonster but for me it is still very slow the i try to test the webpage speed using http://www.webpagetest.org. The speed sometimes was around 19 seconds for first view and around 14 seconds for fist view. This was incredible slow as my expected speed is around 3-4 second for first view. I haven't upload any product yet to my store and by default some product is come with prestashop. Just that few product only and it takes more than 10seconds to load.

A2 hosting if you see this message, can you explain why?

• Like 1

Hi Goodboy,

You must also make sure that you actived all possible performance tools in your back office.

For A2 hosting, this is such a shame I know, and and do you know the worst, the fact is that when I registered, within 48 hours, there has been 2 black outs...

For your information, I moved to a small company, and it works very well now for 3 weeks, here is the link, and give a try for 7$ monthly : UB server

After a while when setup, register manually to cloudflare...and you're done, this will rocket, you can check my website : http://www.yoorshop.com , which has lightenning loading, in order, best on : chrome , internet explorer, and relatively good on firefox..

On their servers : UB server, forget to ask to desactivate Varnish on your prestashop domain name which is incompatible with prestashop (you will have cookie problem)

Another weird detail, I activated all performance functions on prestashop except "Compression du JavaScript dans le code HTML", which is making harder the loadin after some test with or withour clouflare....

I had try A2 hosting using manage VPS Power+ and SSD. The speed is faster then hostmonster but for me it is still very slow the i try to test the webpage speed using http://www.webpagetest.org. The speed sometimes was around 19 seconds for first view and around 14 seconds for fist view. This was incredible slow as my expected speed is around 3-4 second for first view. I haven't upload any product yet to my store and by default some product is come with prestashop. Just that few product only and it takes more than 10seconds to load.

A2 hosting if you see this message, can you explain why?

GoodBoy88,

The speeds you are mentioning seem very much out of the ordinary. Could you please PM me your domain name? I'd like to have a tech take a look at your server and see if there is something misconfigured. As jojo6969 mentioned, it is important to have all of the performance tools turned on and set correctly.

Thanks,

Andy

Finally what have you decided? Which one is good?

Dear all,

Anyone use A2hosting before which is recommended by Prestashop on Jan 2013?

I'm planing to change hosting from Hostmonster. Bluehost is same company with hostmonster and both are not so good for prestashop as discuss by some of the prestashop member.

Bluehost/Hostmonster

Major issue was CPU Ththrottling

http://www.prestasho...sting-problems/

http://www.prestasho...op-in-bluehost/

HostGator

was recommended by many prestashop user but i just get a bad news. That person was using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 got shutdown by the hosting company.

http://www.prestasho...erver-overload/

A2hosting

Which i temporary do not have info? Anyone use it before? How is it? What are the pro and cons?

I'm planning to subscribe prime + SSD plan transfer from my current provider which is hostmonster.

After waiting for so long there is still no reply from a2hosting. If it is not a2hosting fault at least try to explain. haiz...a2hosting are very arrogant.

I cannot blame on a2hosting solely because i heard somewhere that running ecommerce software are slightly slower than running a normal web. I had try to login to backoffice it was slightly faster than front office. Perhaps i think one of the factor is the script problem that need to optimize.

But i also curious is it a2hosting using SSD server for me as i register for it and they said is very fast.

• Like 1

True but still I dont understand senior forum member [like Benjamin] why recommend this A2hosting all time??

After waiting for so long there is still no reply from a2hosting. If it is not a2hosting fault at least try to explain. haiz...a2hosting are very arrogant.

I cannot blame on a2hosting solely because i heard somewhere that running ecommerce software are slightly slower than running a normal web. I had try to login to backoffice it was slightly faster than front office. Perhaps i think one of the factor is the script problem that need to optimize.

But i also curious is it a2hosting using SSD server for me as i register for it and they said is very fast.

Hey guys,

I switched from ubserver to the Ex2hosting company based in France 2days ago, and managed by a canadian guy they speak english and french, here is their website EX2 hosting http://www.ex2hosting.com/

They had such great comment on the internet that I had a look at their offer, none of the rest were convincing unless paying a big price...doe something like a semi dedicated server which cost on the market between 20 and 50 euros...

The good miracle is that the guy told me that they guarantee 512 Mo on the enterprise plan for 8 euros monthly, this can be seen in the php.ini afterwhat...the characteristics of the server are really fine, powerful, and he told me also that due to the fact that their memory is shared and guaranteed, they don't make overselling like big companies...

After 2 days I moved there, and guess what my website is rocketing like never before, even with cloudflare not activated...

When I think about all people struggling with their actual hosting company for low speed or regular crash of server..I've spent 3 days finding the one, and I think that it is the one, and I wished to share it with you the community...

• 2 months later...

Can I ask you how was UB Servers?, why did you swhitch?.

I am considering hosting with them.

Thank you.

Hey guys,

I switched from ubserver to the Ex2hosting company based in France 2days ago, and managed by a canadian guy they speak english and french, here is their website EX2 hosting http://www.ex2hosting.com/

They had such great comment on the internet that I had a look at their offer, none of the rest were convincing unless paying a big price...doe something like a semi dedicated server which cost on the market between 20 and 50 euros...

The good miracle is that the guy told me that they guarantee 512 Mo on the enterprise plan for 8 euros monthly, this can be seen in the php.ini afterwhat...the characteristics of the server are really fine, powerful, and he told me also that due to the fact that their memory is shared and guaranteed, they don't make overselling like big companies...

After 2 days I moved there, and guess what my website is rocketing like never before, even with cloudflare not activated...

When I think about all people struggling with their actual hosting company for low speed or regular crash of server..I've spent 3 days finding the one, and I think that it is the one, and I wished to share it with you the community...

Hey guys,

• 2 months later...

I've been testing a VPS for about 550USD since May 2013.

I'm located in Norway, and chose a2 hosting since prestashop recommended them, they had a server located in Iceland (pretty close to Norway) and they had 24/7 support.

This is my experience:

1. Price was a discount for the first year. It's more expensive the following years.

For a managed VPS it's still a decent price, but unfortunately the speed is crappy

I've still not moved our live sites to a2, because we would lose a significant amount of sales due to the terrible speed.

2. As it is a managed VPS, I've paid extra to get WHM access - but that is actually just stupid, because the parts of WHM which are useful are hidden to customers. You still have to contact customer service to e.g. add something to php.ini.

3. Customer service is 50/100 - they do answer on the live chat most times, although it's often down because of many requests from customer - leaving the customer with the only option to open a ticket. A ticket can be held for days without any reply.

Since I'm in Norway, and have about 6-8 hours difference in time from the US, I suspect the chat to be down quite often - but since I contact them during moring-hours in Norway, it's night-time in the US and the customer service probably doesn't have to many requests.

SPEED:

It really sucks for a prestashop installation, at least it does for me.. I've tried tweeking the configs to be the best, but still it sucks. Other sites I have on the same VPS, which contains some small and few html-pages, is good and great, but for heavier scripts like ecommerce I can not recommend a2hosting.com!

I've been testing a blog like wordpress too, but that also is very slow on a2.

So anyone - if you can recommend a hosting company which are good for people in Norway/Europe, please let me hear from you!

• 2 weeks later...

36h and counting...

So far A2 was performing great and my PS website was running smoothly not like on HostGator before.

But due to this outage server is down for more then 36h now.

For the last 28 days, up time was 99.96% from what I could see on my Alexa up time monitor.

We started our hosting with a2hosting on the Iceland server (that is down now for 35 hours and still counting) on November 7th. We have been building our Prestashop since then with the plan to go live early next week. They now were able to restart the server but still have database issues which means that one could not install a new Prestashop database.

But the most ridiculous piece of the whole story? The last backup they loaded for us dates back to November 8th, a full 16 days! Luckily I have a more recent sql database but there is still 2 days of work lost. For some of you who do not have a more recent sql backup, it might be even worse...

35 hours downtime and still counting.... 16 days without any backup.... And this is one of the hosting providers Prestashop formally recommends! Unbelievable!

Hi Anton, Lesley, everyone!

I am only finding out this morning about the ongoing A2Hosting outage.

I'm forwarding this to our Parners Manager and to the A2Hosting Project Manager. The matter will be investigated as soon and as fast as possible.

I fully understand that Prestashop has no control over the hosting providers but I think this event should give Prestashop second thoughts about recommending a2hosting going forward. 

We only partner with the best companies in the industry. Too many stores in the world run on PrestaShop for us to be ok with a failure like the one you are describing.

Thank you for your great patience, let's keep each other posted.

EDIT: I had not seen that thread here with A2Hosting statement when I was replying on this thread. 

@Xavier:

Thanks.

@Pascal:

After they told me that it will take "1 hour or so" to get the SQL server back up and running and it was still down 12 hours later (48 hours of ongoing outage) with support telling me that they do not have an ETA anylonger, I decided to migrate to another server (still with a2hosting to avoid any DNS/redirecting issues for a few hours).

Hence, at this point I do not know whether they are fully up and running with the Iceland server but based on what Dolke and others were mentioning in other threads, it appears that they still have some trouble with SQL.

@Dolke:

Sorry to hear that. Has a2hosting assisted you with the restoring of your own cPanel backup and are they able to tell you why you receive the 500 error?

Could it be that they changed some settings on the restored server that are no longer compatible with your backup? 

• 3 months later...

Well I intended to move to a2, but I'm having several issues:

1. FTP upload was stopped due to a virus ??? I was using the scanned module since 2 years, have a SSL certified site, module passed through several scanners and also no issues on Google Webmaster secure verification. So a false block of their firewall. At the same time support didn't solved the problem from blocked login. After they stopped FTP upload on a false report, account was blocked. I added a new password to my account, was able to connect with FTP, but not to upload. Support didn't answered anymore.

The bought webspace is unlimited for all, but I noticed that the upload was blocked by ftpquota (there is a hidden file, which when renamed you can again upload without any problem). Virus was only an excuse for high traffic on FTP ?

2. re-index of a site will brake the site. You can never re-index your products again, because the database shows for ex. 6504 from 6504 index, but they aren't. Most of the products are broken and you cannot open them.

3. there is an issue with JS and search engine. The engine reacts very slowly. After some seconds open the search result site, without preview of the 10 products.Producttabs written in a JS are shown as list instead of tabs. Tried several settings with and without CCC and other compression settings. Same result for all. So keep CCC disabled, because is useless and buggy.

This issue I observed also on the shop site of another user, also a2hosting customer.

4. I tried an upgrade from PS 1.5.3.1. to PS 1.5.6.2 and front-office was broken although i had message. completed successfully ! No products are reachable anymore. All links broken. Rollback was possible with success, but products remain broken, pictures not loading, product link shows "domain/-html", so linking not working anymore. Deactivated SEO-links and activated again. Useless, remain broken. Unfortunately all caches cleaned.

I tried the same upgrade last week on my live server and there I had no issues.

5. allow_fURL_open is disabled. You cannot enable with ini or .htaccess. It is ignored. You cannot maintain your modules up to date, because upgrades simply do not show. It is a security risk !

6. You cannot access to database with outside tools. Their tutorials do not work, not for SFTP with filezilla (also not XML upload for only FTP connect). Data on tutorial are completely wrong, you cannot access nothing with them.

SSH connections end on putty command line refusing the connection.

7. For each question you have, you are linked to their tutorials, which by the way are not up-to-date. A non proficient user is not able to manage troubles by himself. Theis tutorials are nothing for noobies.

8. only one positive thing: SSD is really speedy. BUT my actual host has the same speed with opcode caching and fast-cgi.

Well I think I will make use of the 30 days money back guarantee, cause this is not a professional partner for me to work. I can suggest hosting there only for WordPress but not for Prestashop.

I am a certified prestashop developer. And Prestashop web agency partner and build lots of awasome staff on prestashop.

I personally use a2hosting. I have run all my site there without any issue. Support staff help me. Even i chat with there support team for this. 

I also purchase reseller account from a2hosting. And run my prestashop site without any issue. So i am totally disagree with this.

Some of my support tickets at a2 were now solved to my best satisfaciton. The only problem I'm having is SSH which putty ends in access denied. So not  possible to connect to database from outside, but this is the major problem on 99% of all hosters low price.

SFTP problem was solved by unblocking my account and other issues with Prestashop by creating own php.ini (also on low cost webspace possible there !!).

There is only one problem open which seems to be related to server configruation (JS). Search engine is working very slow and strips also the pop-up preview of 10 first products. I hope this problem will be solved to my satisfaction too.

If problems related to Prestashop hosting is solved I want to upgrade to a reseller account.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi,

I'm also using PuTTy and SSH tunneling, and I host my website with A2hosting...
Its a shared SSD server on their Iceland DC. 

Is your IP white listed? Did they made exception in their firewall?

Do you use static or dynamic IP?

Hi Laxiola,

Our Prime+SSD hosting would be OK for you - if you expect to continue growing you may want to switch to a VPS or Managed VPS.

Thanks,

Andy

I just sign up to a2hosting with prime+ssd hosting plan. After several days. My account is suspended by a2hosting because they said my prestashop website cpu resource usage is much higher than avarage user usage on their server

My website visitors per day are around 700 to 1300. My prestashop site do not run any bandwith consumption module like live chat, video [spam-filter], etc. I also have turn off all of analytics & stat module in my prestashop back office

Any idea how to lower cpu usage?

Well my CPU also spikes on my shared account with A2.

We have only 300 minutes of CPU time per day and I think searching the DB and all those huge record base is eating a lot of CPU.
I have between 300 and 500 visitors per day and I also have the same problem but it is still within allowed. 

I'm using Prime+SSD shared package and server is located in their Iceland DC. Like you, Im located in Serbia so I have chosen their Iceland DC instead of the US.

Although you think there are no restrictions to the shared account there are a lot of the restrictions which are not stated on A2 website.

For example, all shared accounts has limit of 300 CPU minutes per day and that it the limit my account is hitting quite often.

Right now my Prestashop website has between 300 and 500 unique visitors per day (its lower over the weekends) but there are occasions when search will took more time than to get back the results or to load the pages due to higer trafic or few visitors searching the website at the same time.

Also there were issues with the SQL server which is the bottleneck with all Prestashop installations on A2 shared servers I think...
There is also a limit of maximum connections to a DB which I sometimes hit but not due to actual number of simultaneous connections to a DB but due to some SQL queries take more then A2 is allowing and they just block and cut off those requests.

I managed to override this 2nd issue by asking them to put my account on a white list in their SQL manager and I was granted with that request. 

A2 will not shutdown shared account if it sometimes goes over the quota by any parameter, CPU, memory, entry processes but 

they had made my account preform quite bad in the past.

Honestly I had so much trouble to fine tune the account and to pursue them to give me the service that will run my prestashop site without issues because stores that are considered small and medium should be able to work without issues quite fast and be responsive on a SSD shared server like the A2s.

Im still arguing with them now and then about making my, and their life easier...

P.S. Upgrade from shared account to reseller account is not really an upgrade. Reseller accounts are hosted on the same shared servers so you wont have dedicated resources...

But what are dedicated resources after all.

I had my PS store on a HostGator VPS (lvl 5) and performance was awful...

--------------------

I forgot to tell you that with A2 I never had problem with the memory though:
http://prntscr.com/32ax1v

No I dont but Im thinking of getting one because there are users on our shared server who are marked as spammers so shared IP was blacklisted few times in the past so all users on this server has been affected.

Dedicated IP has many other advantages except this email related situation. SSL is one of them, and other one is actually SEO.
From what I could read over the web and found out from the youtube videos related to this topic, dedicated IP has effect on the 

SEO esspecially now when loading speed of the website is one of the parameters for Google ranking system.

I think A2 charges 3$/month for dedicated IP...

• 3 months later...

I have been A2 hosting for over a year now and am very satisfied with both service and performance. I've been running and regularly upgrading PS for 2½ years. Now preparing to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6.

John, could you possibly PM me with a link to your site?  I wanted to see how Presta performed on A2.

• 1 year later...

Hi Goodboy88,

We have many installations of PrestaShop on our servers and they run great. Your choice to use the Prime+SSD option is a good one, it speeds up PrestaShop significantly as compared to hosting on traditional SAN or Spinning Disk-based servers. The one point at which we see some frustration is from people who try and install PrestaShop manually, especially if they've never installed a package like PrestaShop before. We recommend using our easy-install through Softaculous, which will install PrestaShop automatically with all of the default settings that work best on our servers. You can see the KB article for running the install here: https://my.a2hosting.com/knowledgebase.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=894&nav=0

If you have any specific questions about our hosting feel free to post them here or PM me and I'll get right back to you.

Thanks,

Andy

Hello !

I'd like to host prestashop at A2Hosting ,but before doing that I'd like you confirm if the restore of the backup doesn't disable the prestashop modules for mobile devices. I hosted few weeks ago at siteground.com and arvixe.com and when I requested from them to test the restore of previous day backup the modules were disabled for mobile terminals and the site shows only logo and and black strip underneath it in all mobile terminals. I don't know if that is a bug so I kindly request you to perform this test below and let me know the result.
1. Install a fresh copy of prestashop
2. create a full backup of it (files and database)
3.restore the full backup
4.test the site content from the mobile terminals. If you see only the logo of the shop and a black strip that means that modules of prestashop are disabled for mobile terminals.
Thanks !