paprika

Create full width banner

what you mean by banner? you'are talking about homeslider?

For this all, you must edit your template files located in themes/your_theme/ directory

the most importnat thing is also edit css styles for your theme in global.css (and in some cases also modules css files)

about full width footer you can read here: how to create full width footer

Hi Vekia,

I've been following all the post regarding Width Banner, creating for a header, and always notice your respond regarding full width footer. Is is possible to create a full width header? Tried edit the Header.tpl via the link provided for the footer but it just keeps changing the body and not the header itself. Can you help me on this.

Hi Vekia,

I've been following all the post regarding Width Banner, creating for a header, and always notice your respond regarding full width footer. Is is possible to create a full width header? Tried edit the Header.tpl via the link provided for the footer but it just keeps changing the body and not the header itself. Can you help me on this.

Try to create an image (solid color or gradient), with 1px width and height desired by you (eg 150px), call it "body_bg.jpg" for example and upload it into the directory "img" in your theme.

Then, in your global.css file:

Change:

body{

font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;

color:#222;

background:#fff

}

With:

body{

font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;

color:#222;

background:url(../img/body_bg.jpg") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #fff

}

Reload the page.

I hope I have been helpful.

Greetengs

Bogdan

Edited by fishingnet (see edit history)

Hi Vekia,

can you provide an url to your website, of course if it is possible