changing shop url

hi all, i have just realised that i cannot view my shop at its proper domain www.everythingdog.co.uk i have to go to www.everythingdog.co.uk/directory1/ ... i have looked through previous posts but havnt been able to solve it. if i go to back office > preferences > SEO and URLS > set shop URL the first 2 boxes read ok but the base url reads /directory1/ if i change it i just get blank page. any help appreciated

Go to your host control panel and look for mysql icon click on that then on your database name then on edit.

When at the database scroll down until you see ps_shop_url and click on it and then browse in the top left.

Now you will see the table for your shops url if anything is different then what you showed me in the post click edit and change.

I had an issue whare I had my host install Prestashop a long time ago and for some reason the shop url was wrong.

• Like 1

hi sorry to bother you again but, now i cant connect using filezilla, saying password is incorrect but i know that it is the right password? maybe this is one for the filezilla forums? but seen as how it happened after i installed presta to the correct domain i thought the 2 could be connected? thanks

The place where the shop is installed should not have anything to do with connecting to the FTP account.

Private message me your FTP login and password and I will try with My ftp program I use I also have Filezilla but prefer my CuteFTP Pro.

I take it you were able to connect before you moved the shop.

Stupid question but was your caps lock on. LOL