403 Forbidden

adamdp

site is coolvape.co.uk, PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1

I began getting a PayPal error with no error code, the same as several threads here. I then updated to the latest PayPal module and now whenever I try to check out I just get a 403 Forbidden error

The PayPal module page in back office also isn't displaying properly with jumbled text and no images. I've deleted and reinstalled the module but got the same result.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php on this server. Apache Server at coolvape.co.uk Port 80"

Edited by adamdp (see edit history)

Sounds like it's the permissions on the files that are incorrect. I think they're supposed to be set to 755? Check the original install instructions for Prestashop and I think it's in there.

As for the PayPal error with no error code. It's not a module problem but a block between your host and PayPal. Updating your cart won't fix it, sorry.

Tried changing permissions for payment.php, process.php, and submit.php but it didn't make any difference. It was working fine until yesterday and hadn't changed and I've never had to change permissions before.

All of the images relating to the module are also missing such as from payment modules in back office and checkout page, if i open these in new tab it also gives 403 forbidden such as http://coolvape.co.uk/modules/paypal/img/logos/GB_PayPal_logo_150x65.gif

• 6 years later...
8 hours ago, ericksonvornes said:

how do you do that??

If you have terminal access you can do it with this command:

chmod -R 0755 directoryNameHere

The -R is for recursive, that is all the folders and files below.

If you are using an FTP program then you'll have to see if that program can do this for you.   For example, with Filezilla (recommended) you would right click and select file permissions, and then you can set them with options to recursively set them for files and directories.