[solved] where can i edit contact form? my email address appears in email field for customers...

Hi!

On my contact form it is automatically adding my email address in the email field for customers. I cant find which file to open to edit this. It means that many people are contacting me through the contact form and not realising that they need to add their email in the email field (because its already filled up) and then I have no contact info and way of replying to customers (as I receive their mail with my own email as the reply address). Can anyone please tell me what file or module I need to edit??? I've looked using firebug and found the html that needs changed but haven't been able to find the file or modue where i need to make these changes...

I'm using v1.5 and have installed the theme Elation Base liquid. The page I need to edit is http://www.andapanda.net/en/contact-us

Many thanks! :)

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

i've noticed that you used non-default template, so in my opinion it is template issue. in this case you must check:

themes/your_theme/contact-form.tpl file, i don't know how it looks exactly in your template file, but in default one it looks like:

<label for="email">{l s='E-mail address'}</label>
   {if isset($customerThread.email)}
 <input type="text" id="email" name="from" value="{$customerThread.email|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" readonly="readonly" />
   {else}
 <input type="text" id="email" name="from" value="{$email|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
   {/if}

you're looking for something similiar :)

Thanks Vekia! This is my first time posting on the forums and I couldn't find where to mark it as solved :)

this forum hasn't got feature to mark topic as solved, you as forum member have got rights to edit own post content and title. So in this case you can add [solved] before title. I call this "marking topic as solved" hehehe ;)