Impossible to import products in Prestashop 1.5

I first tried for 3-4 days 6 months ago to upgrade to prestashop 1.5

It was impossible.

I then tried 1 month ago, still hard, but i installed, but it`s impossible to import products.

I have 4000 products. that i need to reimport some of the start . Price, quantity , basic stuff.

I started trying again 2 days ago, and from then until now i slept only 4 hours.

And i am not a step closer to figuring out what is happening that makes prestashop import in 1.5 so impossible slow.

And by impossible i don`t mean that i have to wait 3 hours to load a csv with 1500 products.

I mean that is literally impossible, i cannot escape the 500 internal error, even when i have the php.ini set to be as relax as possible.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 6565656

max_input_time = 5646464

memory_limit = 1024M

; mysql.allow_persistent: (ini file field description not available)

mysql.allow_persistent = On

; mysql.connect_timeout: (ini file field description not available)

mysql.connect_timeout = 50000

I told you guys, and girls (hello Sahar :) ) half a year ago

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-7309

I even sugested how to make it more simple, for existing products to load only what i need

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-7300

but in prestashop 1.5 you make it more complicated.

If i want to import 1 product ! it will process 4500 products.

Even if i say Ignore Short_description, long description, bla bla it will still process that information.

And i cannot import my products, because i get 500 internal error

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-7658

4 months ago i was complaining that is was to slow.

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-5902

Meanwhile we get to 1.5.3.1 and now is not slow, is impossible.

I really, really love prestashop !

But i cannot use it, and if you cannot help me, i will have to search for another platform that is working.

And 1.5 is so slow, i mean really really slow compared to 1.4

Damien Metzger

Feb 13

to me

cleardot.gif

Hello,

I checked it out and I can indeed reproduce your issue, but there is nothing in the error log.

I need to investigate further.

Regards,

Damien Metzger

Directeur Technique

This was one month ago ... Ulisses Ramos is waiting for 6 months .

Loic Lefevre investigated a little 6 months ago into this bug http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-4286 and them nothing happened.

At least say that is impossible to fix and then i know that i have to search for other alternatives because i will never be able to use prestashop.

Hi All,

Is there any chance you could produce a CSV validator that we could run locally?

I find that the CSV upload never ends. the products table(mysql) concludes that the products are all in the table however im not sure what other tables get updated with product related data, so I have no way of knowing if the CSV was completed successfully.

I have 2048MB for php with 600 timeout...

I have been trying for days to import products, i spend about 2 days doing categories...

Is there a list of illegal characters for the CSV file?

This stuff really should be in the documentation, unless your intention is to drive business towards file2cart....

Best wishes,

I found a way to resolve this issue. This is caused because after every import, all index is recalculated. Just go to PREFERENCES -> SEARCH and disable INDEXATION. After you import all the files, recalculate the remaining product index.

Works on 1.5.2.0 and 1.5.3.1

I have around 7000 products and i use a csv splliter software to break my csv into about 250 lines per file. the import takes no longer than 10 seconds.

Edited by Ulisses Ramos (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I found a way to resolve this issue. This is caused because after every import, all index is recalculated. Just go to PREFERENCES -> SEARCH and disable INDEXATION. After you import all the files, recalculate the remaining product index.

Works on 1.5.2.0 and 1.5.3.1

I have around 7000 products and i use a csv splliter software to break my csv into about 250 lines per file. the import takes no longer than 10 seconds.

So with indexing off there is still no way to import a large number of files? This is getting to be very frustrating.

• 1 month later...

I have to import over 200.000 products, if i upload images and make the link to it in csv after 700 products i get a blank page, if i dont use the images in csv and i import only text it works like 1200 products and then i get a blank page.

Is there anyone able to create a import module ?

• 2 weeks later...