vekia

[module] Facebook Comments for free - PrestaShop 1.7 / 1.6 / 1.5 / 1.4

WOW vekai, IMPRESSIVE is all i can say.

i do however have a question.

i installed this and when i look at it on the spanish version of my site, i see a warning beneath the comments input window (see attached unreachable.png) and when i go to debug i get a bunch of open graph warnings at facebook (see unreachableDEBUG.png). this does not seem to affect the functionality of the comments module since it has worked and placed the comment on facebook both via the english and spanish versions of my store but i think the warning may scare people.

any ideas of why that warning appears.

i know about og meta tags but i did not think they were necessary in prestashop.

OH, and one possible way to improve the module. when you are not logged into facebook (yes, i know, most fbookers are always logged in) and you try to comment, a pop-up

appears asking you to log into facebook to see the page. when you provide credentials an log in, the pop-up disappears and you are looking at the shop page again but the comment has not been posted to facebook. problem is that even if you click comment again, and again, and again... the comment is not published as the module does not refresh and show that you are logged into facebook (eg your fbook profile pic does not appear to the left of the comment text field. you need to manually refresh the page via your browser for the module to see you as logged in and let you comment.

i am a pretty savvy facebooker and this threw me off a bit, imagine what it would do to not so savvy users.

how hard would it be to have the module auto-refresh after you log in via the pop-up windown and hence show you as logged in?

just a suggestion.

thanks!

jer...

post-520279-0-56095200-1364916414_thumb.png

post-520279-0-25658900-1364916479_thumb.png

i checked your website and information about unreachable link disappears

xic4XZr.gif

i also add first comment without any problem - it works well :)

i think that this is browser issue, you should hard refresh it ctrl+f5 or clear browser cache

odd, i tried again and got that could not reach page error on the english version too.

anyway, i have a few more recommendations.

1) when i share a product on facebook via my social toolbar,it shows the product in it's entirety but when i post a comment to facebook via the tab comments, it crops the image and i wonder why?

see attached "SHARE.jpg" as i have placed the 2 published shares side by side for comparison.

2) is there a way to have the "Post to Facebook" check box checked by default? see attached "ptfbook.png". i think it would be better to have it selected by default than not to and have the user have to check it since many will forget or not see it at all.

tnx,

jer...

post-520279-0-44358600-1364920262_thumb.jpg

post-520279-0-37044000-1364920513_thumb.png

2) unfortunately, it is facebook privacy policy :(

1) It's weirdy but all of this depends on facebook scripts, we can't do anything with facebook scripts which are cropping this image :(

gotcha.

what about the other comment?

-----

OH, and one possible way to improve the module. when you are not logged into facebook (yes, i know, most fbookers are always logged in) and you try to comment, a pop-up

appears asking you to log into facebook to see the page. when you provide credentials an log in, the pop-up disappears and you are looking at the shop page again but the comment has not been posted to facebook. problem is that even if you click comment again, and again, and again... the comment is not published as the module does not refresh and show that you are logged into facebook (eg your fbook profile pic does not appear to the left of the comment text field. you need to manually refresh the page via your browser for the module to see you as logged in and let you comment.

------

jer,,,

hey Nickless.

i did not get rif of it. it is random, sometimes it shows and others it does not and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it all.

since it does not affect the functionality of the module i am not too worried.

saludos,

jer...

@vekia - here's a bug under IE8

What can I do?

It's present under default theme also

i checked on ie8 and i havent got this issue :( can you provide me an url to your website? I will check it

Vekia, could you check if you see problems with FB comments in this shop.

I continue to experience this issue on my shop and on this one also. I can't handle it.

http://www.domashnipotrebi.com/bg/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8/8-allu-flon-gourmet-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B0-16-%D1%81%D0%BC.html

hello

i checked your page and comments form works well:

okL0oMS.png

i checked console log (chrome) and i've got:

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

you should configure module in back office, put own app id (or delete actual value). Don't forget to setup administrator ID

I'm still testing and I didn't added my account as moderator - now I added it and deleted the api.

It's strange because now I have it on 2 shops and both of them I experience the same issue with IE. Chrome and FF are fine. I asked friends to test and they also said it's appearing this way to them.

The problem is I tried playing with css and I could not fix it.

Problematic systems-

IE8

Windows XP

post-358365-0-59323300-1367707833_thumb.jpg

Sorry to such pain in the.... but it doesn't seem to be IE8 (tabs and address bar are different), are you sure? :)

At the moment I don't have access to IE9 or 10 to test if it's only present in IE8. I have ~8% visitors with IE and it will be a problem for me.

Thankyou for sharing

Theres some way to change comment letters color? I have a dark background and comments are black so theyre almost invisible.

I tried to change color theme from backoffice but isnt working, it do nothing.

Thankyou for sharing

Theres some way to change comment letters color? I have a dark background and comments are black so theyre almost invisible.

I tried to change color theme from backoffice but isnt working, it do nothing.

thanks for the information. I updated this module, you can download it now (updated version)

regards

thanks for the information. I updated this module, you can download it now (updated version)

regards

Amazing work! ure awesome!

Thank you very much, now works perfectly

This module won't work for me. Whenever i enable it my whole page goes down with this error:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/modules/facebookcomments/header.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $var['fcbc_appid'] (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Using prestashop 1.3.9

Any ideas how to fix it?..

Edited by ufikas

This module won't work for me. Whenever i enable it my whole page goes down with this error:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/modules/facebookcomments/header.tpl line 1]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $var['fcbc_appid'] (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Using prestashop 1.3.9

Any ideas how to fix it?..

hello

thanks for information

you probably use old smarty version.

can you give me information about your smarty version?

Smarty version 2.6.20.

hello

thanks for information

you probably use old smarty version.

can you give me information about your smarty version?

Smarty version 2.6.20.

hello

module updated

i added support old smarty version, please download new version and install it again

should help

regards

Looks like working now! Thanks a lot!

hello

module updated

i added support old smarty version, please download new version and install it again

should help

regards

Actually it's a big thank you to you, for this module!

Although, this module works now on presta 1.3.9 and Smarty 2 it won't allow to moderate comments. I figured out, that this could be because of the output code it delivers:

<meta property="Array[\'fcbc_appid\']"/><meta property="Array[\'fcbc_admins\']"/><div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>(function(d, s, id) {

var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;

js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/Array[\'fcbc_lang\']/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=Array[\'fcbc_appid\']";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

I think those backslashes cause the problem...

you're welcome

many thanks for your attention, i really appreciate

Edited by ufikas