[solved] Need Help With Userblock Moving By Itself

Hi,

God knows if this is the right section but I need real help with the userblock, the bit with welcome and log in on it, for some reason it just moves by itself, but only when something is added to the cart.

As you can see in the picture below, if I add something to the cart its ok one second, then 2 seconds later it has moved as you can see in the second picture, does anyone know why it is doing that and more importantly how to fix it?

Thank you

Untitled-6_zps6a64b4bd.jpg

Untitled2_zpsc3bfe23e.jpg

Hi Jon,

Is there a link to a demo of that theme on the web you can post? Otherwise, here's a guess: probably the container div for that block is not wide enough so it's dropping the text down a line when you put something in the cart. Check the style sheet for the blockuserinfo module: prestashop/themes/yourtheme/css/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.css or it might be in here: prestashop/themes/yourtheme/css/grid_prestashop.css. Your setup might be different from mine, so it would be helpful to use a browser like Google Chrome-- you can right click on the problem element and hit "inspect element." Then it shows you where the stylesheet is so you know which one to edit. Firebug was suggested above--I've heard that's good too. It might be .container_9 .grid_6 in the grid_prestashop.css that you have to make wider.

OK Jon, I checked out that demo link you posted. You're right, that area was really flaky and any little change made the welcome block pop down a line. Try this: find the #header_user_info style -- Chrome will tell you where it is if you right click on the welcome link. Leave everything the same except remove the "float: left" or you can comment it out like this: /* float: left */ (sorry if you know that already). Also I hope you made a back up copy before editing in case it gets screwed up. I did not test this in anything else but Chrome.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you very much for looking into that, that is appreciated and a great help to me.

I found what you said and can edit it out in Chrome, however it just returns, so I assume Chrome is just editing it while its active in Chrome and then reverts to normal when Chrome is exited. Do you know which file #header_user_info is in?

Again thanks for your help.

Hi Jon,

Yes, Chrome is just temporarily making the changes, you have to find the actual stylesheet and edit it for real. I can only go by the demo and it is giving a gobbledy gook url for the .css file, I don't think it is the same name as in your copy. I will tell you how to find it in Chrome:

1. right click on the "welcome." In the white source code area at the bottom, cursor onto the line that says <p id="header_user_info">.

2. look at the column on the right: it says #header_user_info and next to it there's a link to the .css file

3. right click on that link and choose "open in new tab."

4. look at the url at the top--find that .css file in your prestashop themes folder. It's probably something like prestashop/themes/thgr00027b/css/....all.css

5. Open it in whatever text editor you use & edit the #header_user_info.

• Like 3

Just to add something small to osdznr14mm detailed explanation.

in paragraph no. 2 you can mouse over the file name and it will tell you the location of the file and also at the end of the file name it will tell the line number (global.css:184 <--- example)

members like osdznr14mm who are willing to take extra effort to help other members in this forum,

are the reason this forum so special.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you both for the great help and while I had edited and messed around with things in Chrome I never knew that you could find the actual filename and line from it! Thats going to save me so much time in the future.

This is a great forum and as said the extra help some members give is amazing, thank you so much your time and effort :)

Jon, you're welcome-I'm a 1st time prestashop user and have been struggling to customize my theme for months, so I know how frustrating it is to get stuck on something. Good luck on your site. Chrome has been extremely helpful for troubleshooting the css. Thanks yaniv14 and all you guys for liking my post!

Hmm, thats odd, I thought I had, but cannot see it on here, Ah well, here it is....again lol

If you edit blockuserinfo.css which can be found in themes\thgr00027b\css\modules\blockuserinfo\

Go to line 47 then delete float:left, that should sort your problem. Or you can comment it out as mentioned above.

Edited by Jonj1611 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hmm, thats odd, I thought I had, but cannot see it on here, Ah well, here it is....again lol

If you edit blockuserinfo.css which can be found in themes\thgr00027b\css\modules\blockuserinfo\

Go to line 47 then delete float:left, that should sort your problem. Or you can comment it out as mentioned above.

thanks! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...