Disable "sign In To See Payment Methods" Prestashop 1.5

remyessers

Hi,

I want to disable the "sign in to see payment methods" requirement on the checkout page. I always want the payment methods to be visible, because they are available in every country. It's not user friendly, especially not for guest checkout! They must save their account information first before they can see any payment methods.

Best regards,

Remy

Agreed this is pretty off putting. As a customer I would never sign up to just to see if i have the means to pay.

In fact i usually check payment methods and shipping costs before anything else.

I'll have a look through the code and see where this is set, but it seems like an odd feature in the 1st place

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any update on this?

It's 2013, haven't seen any other shopping system where you have to first save your address and then see the payment options, for Guest Checkout.

There is the same question, but for older version of PS. File structure completely changed since then. Even though I hope this helps.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/112752-solved-how-to-skip-sign-in-to-see-payment-methods-in-one-page-checkout/page__view__findpost__p__569042

If you want to see payment methods without sign in, you need to edit controllers/front/OrderOpcController.php:431 (PS 1.5.4.1).

(You can easilly use overrides to do this)

Here you want to better handle condition:

if (!$this->isLogged) return '<p class="warning">'.Tools::displayError('Please sign in to see payment methods.').'</p>';

I changed mine to:

if (!$this->isLogged){
  if ($this->context->cart->OrderExists())
 return '<p class="warning">'.Tools::displayError('Error: This order has already been validated.').'</p>';
  if (!$this->context->cart->checkQuantities())
 return '<p class="warning">'.Tools::displayError('An item in your cart is no longer available. You cannot proceed with your order.').'</p>';
   $return = Hook::exec('displayPayment').'<p class="warning">'.Tools::displayError('Please sign in to see payment methods.').'</p>';
   if (!$return)
 return '<p class="warning">'.Tools::displayError('No payment method is available for use at this time. ').'</p>';

}else{

I know this is horrible solution, but at least it's a solution. :)