Paypal Errors 10729 And 10417

Diabloflash

Need help with some errors!

Running Prestashop Version 1.5.3

Running Paypal Verson 3.4.5

Busniess / Ship only in Canada!

Most of the time its this! ---- Happens to often!

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-05T14:33:56ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

And sometimes---------- Sometimes!

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-06T04:43:54ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Never had these problems beforel I upgraded to 1.5.3

Please keep this thread only for Paypal Please!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any solution for error 10417?

I have this error message:

Mensaje del cliente: PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-15T22:46:44ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Any advice?

Version 1.5.3.1

Paypal module version 3.4.8

I am getting this all the time too:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-23T13:21:59ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

What is causing the error?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I found this solution on stackoverflow.com, hopefully will help others:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15561078/paypal-accounts-funded-by-credit-cards-10417-error

"Update: Resolved: Turns out it was a problem with our account and more specifically our category of industry. It would have helped of course had someone told me that the half a dozen or so times I called over the past week - yesterday on the phone i asked an agent if she was 100% certain this was a problem with a customers card, bank or billing address. I knew it wasn't so i wanted just to see if she'd commit to it. Her response - "yes sir, i'm 100% certain". Sums it all up. Hopefully this will help someone else out there... if you're getting 10417 errors, try changing the business category or subcategory in a bid to stop you going insane..."

• 4 months later...