Call To Undefined Function Mcrypt_Decrypt

Probably your server doesn't support this type of ciphering. You need an php extension mcrypt (ask your host about this).

Until installed (or not possible) for now you can change it at Advanced preferences->preformance: ciphering. Choose "keep the custom blowfish class"

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem, I have changed my hosting and my store has stopped working.

I have done what I have read here and it works again but not at all.

I can't go through categories, and some products work and other not.

Any idea?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Get this error when trying to enter my shop at www.korner.ee

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_decrypt() in /home/korneree/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php on line 70"

Whats the problem?

I recently updated PHP 5.1to 5.3 and I got the exact same error because mcrypt needed reinstalling on server by host.  All sorted within a few minutes.  However, it took me a few hours to narrow it down to this issue - I made simple mistake and forgot to turn on debugging in my PS defines.inc.php which would have shown me the issue immediately.  Big thanks to PS superstar El Patron  http://www.prestashop.com/forums/user/295107-el-patron/ for his help.

• 1 year later...

Hi, This is somit using prestashop v1.5.6 English version. and my website is http://www.slmobileprice.com

I am trying to configure Performance - Ciphering option but getting error -  The PHP "Mcrypt" extension is not activated on this server.

Could you please tell me how to enable Rijndael with mcrypt lib.

Mcrypt is faster than our custom BlowFish class, but requires the PHP extension "mcrypt". If you change this configuration, all cookies will be reset.

Algorithm

Use Rijndael with mcrypt lib. 
 Keep the custom BlowFish class.