Some Questions Regarding Shipping And Embedding

Hi,

New here and just downloaded and installed Prestashop yesterday, so far found it pretty straight forward but there are a couple of things I need help on if possible. I am using the latest version I believe.

I have noticed that I can only seem to calculate shipping costs by weight or by price. But what I need is to be able to do both. Basically the person I am helping wants flat rate delivery costs on some items but other items to be charged based on their weight, is that at all possible and if so how do you do it?

And lastly this maybe easy or hard I guess, is it possible to embed Youtube videos in the actual item description or at least somewhere else on the item page? It's video's that give tutorials on using the particular item so is different for each item.

Thank you for any help

Hi Jonj, to answer your youtube question, check this out at the Addons store, http://addons.presta...tube-ps-15.html

Regarding your Shipping...you can add a shipping cost per quantity for specific items. So you can say that for some items, the more you purchase the more you will pay.

You can keep flat rate for the rest of the items.

Hi,

Many thanks for the link, I will look into that.

What I meant for the shipping was, some items are food items so shipping is calculated based on their weight, other items are non-food so they are shipped at a flat rate. Is it possible to set a separate shipping rate for the food items?

Thank you for your time.

Hello Jonj1611

I would suggest you take a look at presto-changeo dot com and look at their shipping modules which will allow you to better achieve what you want. It will allow you to calculate shipping weight and dimensions also allow free shipping on certain products, etc.

Cheers

Clayton