Changing Parent Category To Product

Hi! I mistakenly created Categories in the back office which in fact should be individual Products for my online store, I want to retain the same Category IDs as Product IDs. How do I change the Parent Category to a Product retaining the same ID? Is this even possible? I'm trying to avoid deleting all the Categories I created in the back office and starting over from scratch creating new categories. I would appreciate some assistance or guidance in solving my issue. Thanks.

Probably needs advanced SQL queries. Unless you have hundreds/thousands of categories you want to convert, I doubt it's worth the effort to find out what to select, what to write to what tables etc. Needs indepth knowledge of table structure, I think.

Maybe you can do some export to a csv file, change things in those cvs files (probably easier that in SQL tables) and import as products, but still quite some work, I guess. (Not sure if export to csv is supported by default as well). Also not sure if you can choose your product ID when importing...

My 2 cents,

pascal

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

Probably needs advanced SQL queries. Unless you have hundreds/thousands of categories you want to convert, I doubt it's worth the effort to find out what to select, what to write to what tables etc. Needs indepth knowledge of table structure, I think.

Maybe you can do some export to a csv file, change things in those cvs files (probably easier that in SQL tables) and import as products, but still quite some work, I guess. (Not sure if export to csv is supported by default as well). Also not sure if you can choose your product ID when importing...

My 2 cents,

pascal

If I select all the Categories under the Parent Category then click Reset will the Categories be deleted that I don't want and I can start over again creating the right Categories that I do want?