Product Editing Problems

V. 1.5

Changed op system from Windows XP to Linux (Ubuntu).

I have noticed that when I want to add or edit a product, the Information page comes up, but the descriptions are in HTML. I didn't do this originally.

Also, when I Save and Hold or Save, it appears to work well but ....

When I try to advance down to any other page (Prices, Images, etc). It always comes back to the Information page.

Can anyone help?

when you change hosting (including same hosting but different environment), you should first do a native ps installation to see if the new environment is compatible with ps....

changing as you have done, without running an installation of ps..can lead to unpredictable results.

if possible, create a subdomain and new db, then upload your version of ps (download clean version), upload it and do an install...see if there are in issues during installation

• Like 1

Thank you. I'm not very experienced with ps and don't understand a lot of the coding, etc. and considering that I don't have that much in the shop yet, I think I will do a completely new installation. I was afraid that this is what I would have to do. I appreciate your help. Spence

you are most welcome...and no coding is required...you can run you shop without ever having to change a line of code...you see a lot of folks doing that here on the forum...but this will just lead to problems when they try to upgrade...lose the code...etc...normally one should not have to do very much to run a nice shop...

• Like 1