[SOLVED] Id Shop Url, 3 Days And Nothing :(

Hi, I recently moved from one server to another. My new version of prestashop was installed during the move under my ip address since the site didn't propagate. Now it's all clear, I can now view my domain name when I type it in. My question is...My prestashop was installed by bluehost with my ip under public_html, no subfolder or at least I don't see any. I have been working on my shop but now that my domain name has come through, I can't view my prestashop under my domain name or access psadmin unless I access prestashop with my ip number. How can I change the settings or where do I change the setting for prestashop to read my domain name? I've read so many forums, 4th day looking for an answer. Any help? Please anyone help, It's driving me off the wall and I am just wasting time reading forums without any solution :(

Ok ..after 3 days 10 hours of waiting, something happened, unsure how but it did. I can now access my prestashop store and admin through my domain name..yay! Unfortunately i can only access the front page of my shop, all other links i get a 500 error. I contacted bluehost and they said it was a prestashop htaccess error created by prestashop. I tried regenerating the htcaccess, cleared cookies and cache, but no luck. I know that prestashop 1.5.3.1 regenerates the htaccess file automatically, but somehow bluehost says that it's creating a problem , too many redirectives? I checked the other parts of the forum to see what people were doing with the new version and htcaccess but haven't found anything new to what I have already tried. Can someone post me a link or suggest to me what i can do to fix this issue? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

Hi Benjamin :) Great to see you!!! Yes i have been fighting with bluehost for almost 4 days now and maybe that is why today the miracle happened where i can now view my first page lol unfortunately i can't see anything else and so they continue to lead me to your forum with different links but i haven't found my solution. I am more confused now because I knew it had to do with bluehost transfer but now that it popped up with my domain name, i am confused why the other links arent working and giving me a 500 error, bluehost insists it's a htcaccess prestashop error and they are not willing to help at all, they said it's not their responsibility. I even got the bluehost guidelines thrown at me lol

Hi, I recently moved from one server to another. My new version of prestashop was installed during the move under my ip address since the site didn't propagate. Now it's all clear, I can now view my domain name when I type it in. My question is...My prestashop was installed by bluehost with my ip under public_html, no subfolder or at least I don't see any. I have been working on my shop but now that my domain name has come through, I can't view my prestashop under my domain name or access psadmin unless I access prestashop with my ip number. How can I change the settings or where do I change the setting for prestashop to read my domain name? I've read so many forums, 4th day looking for an answer. Any help? Please anyone help, It's driving me off the wall and I am just wasting time reading forums without any solution :(

try this:

access you back office with the ip address....

back office-->preferences-->seo and urls

scroll down to Set Shop Url

now put you domain name here...and in the ssl if you have ssl

note: if you do not have ssl, make sure that the shop url and ssl url are exactly the same

using another browser, clear it's cache and cookies, now navigate using your shop url

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

if that doesn't work...well whatever it is you are doing...check with nemo1 to fix it for you...you will be glad you did...

and what I proposed should have fixed your issue, so I suspect you do not have your dns set up properly....but with most posts...we can only try to help (guess) with information given...hands on it? been fixed already...:)

Ok, after what Benjamin suggested with the link, I turned ps mode dev to true and display errors on, crazy thing i didn't get error but somehow that worked. I didn't do anything, once i refreshed the page i saw my links, go figure.

so thanks to you both for the suggestions. Prestashop God loves me and i got my miracle without doing anything. I really believe it had to do with bluehost though they will never admit :P

• 3 years later...

hi  i am having the same issue i installed prestashop on my hosting site before my domain went live i am now at the stage where i want to put my site live i have read 1001 post on how to do this but cant get my head round it so at this moment in time i can only access my site via this http://IP ADDRESS/DOMAIN NAME when i want to be able to type my domain in a web browser and it shows up some one please help  :(