Display Homeslider In Own Module On Home Page Only?

Hi

I was wondering if someone can answer my question or tell me if I'm going down the right path. I want to get the image slider to display the whole width of the page, above the left, center and right columns on the homepage only.

I found a work around on the net to add it to the Top which did result in what I was after, but it also added it to the top of every page so I was back to square one.

I created a new hook which is showing up in the backend with the HomeSlider module assigned to it, but I am stumped on how I would set this to display on the homepage only.

I attached an image of what I'm trying to achieve if that helps?

Any help appreciated :)

post-492611-0-01664500-1362053869_thumb.jpg

Yes, that would indeed be that pic. After hunting for ages I found your tutorial which solved the problem at first, but makes it appear on every page. I literally started playing around with Prestashop 3 days ago so I still know very little. I did add the exception to the module to be included in the new hook with help from your tutorial, and I can see it listed in Positions in the back end so it seems to be set up correctly. If I could find out how I would go about displaying the new hook that I created on the homepage, even if it wasn't in the right place, then maybe I could drag it around with the live edit, but I just can't work how I get there, and how to ensure that it only displays on the homepage itself.

I have been using your guide to include it into the top bar, and applied exceptions so it doesn't show anywhere aside index, which is ideal for me. However, I noticed that when the image slider is put into the top bar, the menu bar stops working. Just did a fresh install to make sure it wasn't something I'd done and it resulted in the same thing, the Top Menu bar being locked up. Any idea how to get around this?