When Is 1.5.4.0 Coming Out?

The so called bugs vary greatly from user to user, for example, I have no issue changing email color via the theme tab. None at all, I chose a dark grey and got rid of the "neon pink".... <_<

No message issues on GoDaddy either.

The bugs that bother me are all the free module quirks that from what I can tell have been around since 1.5 started. I wanted to use a few fluff items like the "send to a friend" module... It doesn't work on a SSL site, that makes no sense for an eCommerce cart engine. It worked on a non-secured test site... go figure. I would probably pay for a send to friend module if there is one out there that works .

But, for all the quirks of 1.5.3.1, I still have a money making site using it. I do look forward to the future revisions that allow more functions. For my really simple site, it works well overall once I deleted the problem modules.

My problem is I have a shop where I can not afford to have long downtimes. I made dozens of tests and 3 attempts to upgrade the live site. With every upgrade it was not working out of the box, some real blockers which are only visble in debug mode(e.g. reset and/or reinstall ps modules). Anyway I am coming to the point that I believe there will never be a flawless upgrade. Best option so far was a manual upgrade with a clean code base. I see I will not come around to fix the critical stoppers by hand and than enabling necessary modules step by step.

All the best, trip

For 1.5.3 there was release branch in github for 1 week so if this release is to follow that practice we have to wait few more weeks at least...

Hope they will be able to roll out decent version this time. Installed dev version few days ago and it look nice.

You mentioned nice. Are they change in UI in BO and FO? Any new features? Or many bug fixes?

At Pressed0024. .... have a look at github and the bugtracker than you can see what they have done in the meantime. At rampage.... I have more less to update the live site as the database must be in sync or new orders, accounts and so on are lost when I switch to the upgraded site.

So you upgrade on non busy hours (depending on your store's statistics (friday evening, sunday morning... stuff like that..)

As for changes - not much visible stuff - few bits here and there in BO - few new checkboxes (the one for disabling mod_securty f*cks my shop btw I don't know why still, have to investigate)...

I had one major problem - with paypal unsuported currencie - still had no time to check if it's fixed or not...

Otherwise - all changes made in github are cosmetics/bugs here'n'there.... Nothing big...