Would Vps Be Faster ?

I currently have my site on a shared host, it is not a overly cheap one compared to some packages, it is on a pro Business package with 1&1. Would their VPS packages be faster than shared hosting for Prestashop ? I just find it frustrating to have to wait 2 to 3 seconds for a link to go anywhere on my site, but I am unsure if that is due to the hoster or just the way Prestashop works.

Thanks all.

depends, if you shop is not configured properly, i.e. browser cache, gzipped...then it may not help...

post your url, let the community take a look...maybe you just need (assuming your existing shared account supports it) a mnor change to put make it fast enough to stay where you are...

you should delete your url after you get some resolution

Thanks. What worries me most is my website is not even built fully yet, so only has 10 or so products, when I have 900 to put on there over the coming month. So if it is slow now, then not sure what it will be like soon. My URL is below, only the /shop part is the new site.

http://www.leosden.co.uk/shop

Note to anyone who visits the URL off this page perhaps from a search engine, don't order anything, the products are currently dummies while I build the site.

quick look and you do not have browser cache set or compression...search on google on how to do this, and then check with your hosting company to see if your current hosting account supports it.

bit of advice...use the firefox or chrome add on, firebug...then you can run page speed tools to find out how to optimize your website...

suerte

• Like 1

I have my site on a really, really cheap VPS in the UK, costs me only $3.50 and being at the cheap and cheerful low end, its still reasonably quick considering the price and the fact its also running a couple of VPN tunnels on it.

Some shared hosters really load up their servers, so do VPS providers so its a matter of finding a good one you are happy with.

Still, for what I'm paying, with no fixed contract, while Im setting up and testing the site, its a very cheap option.

I currently have my site on a shared host, it is not a overly cheap one compared to some packages, it is on a pro Business package with 1&1. Would their VPS packages be faster than shared hosting for Prestashop ? I just find it frustrating to have to wait 2 to 3 seconds for a link to go anywhere on my site, but I am unsure if that is due to the hoster or just the way Prestashop works.

Thanks all.

Thanks all.

We use 1&1 in the UK on the business pro package, It is "okay" but not brilliant. Speed is always sluggish. Troubles with CSV import and autoupdate. We have over 1000 products

It is useable