Development Of A Custom Payment Module

guiram

Hi all,

I am in need of adding a custom payment module prestashop. I do highly appreciate if you could please guide me with the relevant path of development. Where to start ? What needs to be added? etc, whatever useful.

I am very new to prestashop , so your help is indeed a great help for me. :) The payment gateway which is to be linked is a local one most probably this could be the first time someone integrating it to prestashop.

Thank you.

Hi,

If you're just starting out, and never created any type of module before, i strongly suggest that you at least try out something else, because you must know the inner workings of Prtestashop before trying something so delicate (which deals with people's money!)

If you already have some dev experience, copy and pase a payment module, a simple one, like bankwire.

You'll notice the structure follows the patterns all modules now have (in 1.5) to create new pages. You can use this tutorial of mine as a reference for this: http://nemops.com/cr...-in-prestashop/

it's important to notice that payment modules extend PaymentModule, and not simply Module.

Also, a couple of functions are default, and therefore needed. The basic structure sees a payment hook, and subsequent view, and the module's page controllers. 1 for the "order confirmation" page, another one for the order validation. it's a whole topic, and requires a proper article to be written to fully explain how it works. but these tips should at least point you in the right direction

Fabio :)

Edited by Nemo1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...