Products Disappearing From Back Office...

Sarak

I'm starting to get a little concerned.

I can name at least 4 products that I had in my store but now they're gone from the back and front office. I know for sure that I didn't deleted them myself, there's no reason why I would. In fact, I was just about to add them to a new category.

It's just these 4 products as far as I know but I would need to check the entire inventory to be sure.

How can this be happening? I have just changed my password in case someone hacked in and did it but it's a totally random thing to do!

Hi Sarak,

Are you sure that the products are completely gone from the database?

I have dealt with this issue earlier, and I think it was caused by a missing category-reference.

If you remember the product ID, you can try and access them by modifying the URL. Example:

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/index.php?tab=AdminCatalog&id_product=6437&updateproduct

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem. So far I have found 11 items that are totally missing from BO, FO & phpMyAdmin. They are all unrelated items so I don't know what may have happened to them.

UPDATE: I had to manually add the products from the old CSV / Excel file. 

Lesson for everyone: Make sure to keep regular DB and separate product backups.

Edited by Darussalam (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Yep same here. I'm pretty sure few products have been deleted in the database but we never deleted these products manually (they are gone in the database).

Anyone faced the same problems ? 

I assume it might be related to a module 

• 3 years later...

I have this issue and simply tried everything. This thred is 7 years old and stopped 3 years ago, Does this mean that there's an solution. I simply cannot continue like this. I loos every now and then a few items. Running a shop with almost 2 thousand items and growing daily its VERY frustrating since adding items takes me hours every time. This is my last resort could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...