The First Step In Speeding Up Prestashop

Plain

Hi,

I have checked some of the possibilities for increase the speed of page loading. Today, I am using one.com. But I would like an alternative that is the next step. One.com is obviously very cheap but do not have many options for buying "a better product". I have also examined RackSpace but most of their products get quite pricy.

What will you recommend as the first step towards a faster shop? Which suppliers and which products? Dedicated servers are still not an option due to the high expenses.

Kind regards,

V

http://plainindustry.dk/trilleboer-20

have you review myhosting.com? they provide a cheap VPS solution that performs well and is most certainly an advantage of shared hosting, since you will get managed root services, which means you can configure server components to your needs.

But hosting is just one aspect, this does not automatically mean that Prestashop will run 'faster'. There are many more things to consider within Prestashop itself. You also do not mention which version of Prestashop you are using.

I'm am using the 1.5.2 version of Prestashop. I have also followed the guide by Prestashop with CCC settings etc. In Google Analytics I can see that the average Server Response Time is around 0,86 seconds. I guess that the changing to a better server could improve the flow of the overall webshop.

Kind regards,

V

http://plainindustry.dk

• 4 weeks later...

My site is Mineralium Dead Sea Cosmetics. I am getting 8 second page load times which is not acceptable. Recommendations are for < 4 seconds to keep customers engaged. I've used gtmetrix.com to analyze the server speed and it comes up with recommendations including specifying image dimensions, combining images using css sprites, defering parsing of javascript etc etc, none of which is in my control since Prestashop does this automatically.

I am using 1.5.3 on a fast VPS server hosted by Wiredtree. I have done all the performance optimization that I can inside Prestashop, have just installed LiteSpeed on my server and reduced home page slider image sizes.

None of this has helped so I'm also interested in hearing any suggestions/guidelines for speeding things up.

Not sure how long I can stick with PS if I can't improve response times.

Warren

When choosing your hosting think also from where your customers are. If it's a national business then buy a hosting from your country. If you are in Europe and buy hosting from US you won't be too happy with the response time, neither your customers.

I have a dedicated server in Germany and it works great but I am based in Europe, not sure for the response times in US.

• 4 months later...

Hello PS folks,

I have a time strungled with one.com. Many probs with PS v1.5.4.1 about regenerate pictures, importing cvs and so on.

Now I have moved to www.hostdeal.eu to a vps server and that for about 5€/mnd, great service from these guy's!

They have all the files and my domains transported and installed in no time, and now all the probs are solved and the shop speeds better!

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Generaal

Edited by Generaal (see edit history)