[Solved] Configuring Vps Server For Prestashop

Hi,

I recently moved from a shared server to a VPS.

Everything seemed to work fine on the shared server, but when moving to the VPS I couldn't access my website anymore. (error 500)

Maybe it's due to the server configuration (Debian 6.0.6). As I'm new to this VPS thing.

So how to best setup a server for use with PrestaShop?

Which apache modules te enable/disable

Which PHP settings

Which PHP extentions

All help appreciated!

Edited by stimpy (see edit history)

This was kinda strange...

When uploading a native prestashop as you suggested, the installation didn't mention any problems with my configuration. So the installation went smoothly.

When uploading my local site to my domain, i got the 500 error. The problem seemed to be the rights of certain folders, which I had to chmod to 777.

I think it's strange that the native prestashop installation didn't mention this?!

I believe the problem was my server configuration. I changed php support (run as apache module) -> php support (run as FastCGI application)

What do you advise on the apache modules and extensions?

thans for helping me out!

Edited by stimpy (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I have an issue I really need help with. I recently installed Prestashop 1.5.4.1 on a VPS server (I am only using 1 domain in this VPS) and have gone ahead since to configure the prestashop. But I have been having constant server errors that has refused to be solved by my very limited knowledge.

The prestashop site is always encountering crashes in both the front office and back office. (usually with a blank white screen). While the CPANEL and WHM function without error.

Usually to recover temporally, I go to php configuration editor in WHM and click on save. The php.ini is rewritten and the prestashop functions fine for a while before I experience another crash sometimes within a minute.

All this while I have been configuring the website, it’s not even being used by customers yet.

So I have brought the matter here maybe I could find a lasting solution that which I would be very grateful.

Please find below details of my present configurations for both my VPS server and Prestashop settings.

1. VPS server configuration

Hosting Company: ARVIXE

Hosting Plan: VPS Class Pro (80GB Storage, 2GB Dedicated RAM, Dedicated IP, SSL certificate installed, 4 CPU cores)

Prestashop doesnt report any configuration potential problems but i usually see lines similar to this :

([Mon Jun 17 07:53:31 2013] [error] [client 41.190.4.154] File does not exist: /home/bolawole/public_html/500.shtml, referer: https://www.cardoctornigeria.com/shop/order?multi-shipping='>https://www.cardoctornigeria.com/shop/order?multi-shipping=

] [notice] EACCELERATOR(32297): PHP crashed on opline 5 of main() at /home/bolawole/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/plugins/shared.mb_str_replace.php:20) in my error log of Cpanel. apart from a lot of other lines. (wish I could attach the whole log)

• Current PHP and suEXEC configuration

Default PHP Version (.php files) - 5

PHP 5 Handler - fcgi

Apache suEXEC - on

Apache Ruid2 - off

2. Prestashop Backoffice configuration

Advanced Parameters Configuration Information View

Configuration information

This information must be provided when you report an issue on our bug tracker or forum.

Information about your configuration.

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Tue Nov 13 10:15:12 EST 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.35 mod_fcgid/2.3.6

PHP version: 5.3.25

Memory limit: 1100M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.5.31-cll

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Store information

PrestaShop version: 1.5.4.1

Shop URL: https://www.cardoctornigeria.com/shop/

Current theme in use: default

Mail configuration

Mail method: You are using the PHP mail function.

Your information

Your web browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.110 Safari/537.36

Check your configuration

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: OK

List of changed files

Changed/missing files have been detected.

Missing files (1)

 modules/index.php

Updated files (8)

 modules/bankwire/bankwire.jpg

 modules/bankwire/views/templates/front/payment_execution.tpl

 modules/bankwire/views/templates/hook/payment.tpl

 modules/blockcontact/images/block_contact_bg.jpg

 modules/blockcontact/img/block_contact_bg.jpg

 modules/carriercompare/template/carriercompare.tpl

 modules/cashondelivery/cashondelivery.gif

 modules/cashondelivery/cashondelivery.jpg

Advanced Parameters Performance

Smarty:

Template cache: Recompile templates if the files have been updated

Cache: enabled

Debug console: Do not open console.

CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache):

Enabled for all and apache optimization enabled.

Ciphering: Use Rijndael with mcrypt lib.

Caching:

Use cache enabled

Caching system – Memcached (127.0.0.1 11211 1)

I know that the information available to provide is a lot but I can make any info that you may consider necessary .

As at now I realy don’t know what configuration request/complaint to make to the hosting support people. Any help or directions would be most appreciated .

Thank you all.