[solved] Mail Directory Exists For Nl But Not For English In /mails/nl/

Hi,

I am trying to modify the dutch e-mail translation templates however when I try to do this I am presented with the following warnings..

• mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/blocknewsletter/mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/blockwishlist/mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/followup/mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/mailalerts/mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/referralprogram/mails/nl/
  • mail directory exists for nl but not for english in /modules/sendtoafriend/mails/nl/

There is a problem getting the Mail files.
Please ensure that English files exist in /home/mysite/public_html/nl/mails/nl/en folder

I have tried reinstalling the dutch language pack and have even copied /mails/nl directory for different (working) instance of prestashop.

I have even copied the en folder to the directory but that didnt work, and this folder does not exist for other languages anyway.. :s

I am really not sure what to do here, and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

I am using PrestaSho 1.5.3.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

me2, even in English:

• A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/blockwishlist/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/followup/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/mailalerts/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/paypal/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/referralprogram/mails/en/
  • A mail directory exists for en but not for English in /themes/med/modules/sendtoafriend/mails/en/

PrestaShop gets confused (read bug).

When we want to translate emails they are 'typically' within a module.

at back offiice-->localization-->translations-->email translations-->(the default is theme)

if we then use the default setting (theme) then rather than file the xlations to the module it will file them under theme/yourtheme/modules/module name/lang.php

This will result in next visit to translations with error.

TO FIX THIS

(first back up) then delete theme/yourtheme/modules/module name  (make sure there is nothing in this folders except mails)

Then TRANSLATE LIKE THIS:  Select Core (no theme selected)

theme/yourtheme/modules/module name/lang.php

02.12.2014-15.04.png
http://screencast.com/t/OFLT4VCmwqC

and all will be right with the world

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good job Patron. I had the same issue as I was modifying translations from my cell phone and got this message which seemed odd since I was working on them the day before. On 1.6.0.5. if you try to modify under the theme default-bootstrap you will see that error message. So all you have to do is select the theme Core (no theme selected) then the error disappears.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, El Patron. I just had this problem and saw your solution.

What do you mean by:

TO FIX THIS

(first back up) then delete theme/yourtheme/modules/module name  (make sure there is nothing in this folders except mails)

Shall I delete all the affected modules (whole folder) then upload them again... or just the language files...?? Could you please help.

Thanks in advance, 

Oli

Hi, El Patron. I just had this problem and saw your solution.

What do you mean by:

TO FIX THIS

Shall I delete all the affected modules (whole folder) then upload them again... or just the language files...?? Could you please help.

Thanks in advance, 

Oli

Hi Oli,

What I found is once I created xlation (theme selected and not core-no theme), the xlations would be filed in the themes/yourtheme/moudles.  But then no xlations would be present.

So I deleted the xlated modules form themes/yourtheme/modules.  The only files we would expect to see in themes/yourtheme/modules are the translations files, i.e. there are no .php files for example. 

Just an after thought, it might work if you copied the translations to the modules/(the module file) and the delete the xlations from themes/yourtheme/module.

Hi, again. Are you talking about the "translations" folder inside the module folder?

F.x. now I have a module that I have configured called "agilemultipleseller"

So here is my folder as it looks (one of the email-modules I have to translate):

/public_html/modules/agilemultipleseller/translations/

Shall I delete the "translations" folder or the "agilemultipleseller"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For Prestashop 1.6.0.11

I had the same issue. I wanted to remove the "build by prestashop" link in the mails.

So i went into the email template translations then default-bootstrap then my language.

I got the error: " the folder EN is missing from the location: -total path-".

So i went into that path and just created a folder "EN" .

That will do the trick I thought.

Nope.. that triggered exactly as El Patron is telling.

It wont open anymore and just tell me that the files are missing in that folder "EN" that I created.

So what i did: in the theme the local language is there.

Only EN is missing.

So (as El Patron explained) you can translate from the core files.

They are there.

Just select them from core and not from theme in BO.

But my theme is default-bootstrap, so I want to work from within that theme.

So I copied the files from the core folder EN to the theme folder EN.

Just repeat this for all your modules you want to translate.

Then from BO:

select translate mails - default bootstrap - your language - modify and it works again like a charm.

So the exact steps WHAT to copy:

1: core/mails/en copy total folder en to themes/default-bootstrap/mail/

2: core/modules/blocknewsletter/mails/en copy total folder en to themes/default-bootstrap/blocknewsletter/mails/

3: core/modules/blockwishlist/mails/en copy total folder en to themes/default-bootstrap/blockwishlist/mails/

4: core/modules/sendtoafriend/mails/en copy total folder en to themes/default-bootstrap/sendtoafriend/mails/

I hope this explains and helps for you.

Edited by Freeware (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

If you wanna send a mail to your costumer an error occurs language file missing by sending the mail from backend in prestashop.

Solution:

1. go to /themes/yourtheme/mails/yourlanguage/lang.php
2. copy the lang.php from step 1 in your root/mails/yourlanguage/

The error occures because the language file is expecting in root/mails, but the language file in prestashop is in /themes/mails/yourlanguage.