Ps 1.4.9: Restrict Carrier Based On Package Size

PatJ

Hi,

In PS 1.4.9, I am trying to configure my carriers so that I can restrict carrier based on package size configured in the products pages. This would be in addition to normal weight way of selecting carrier.

If an article is smaller than a define dimension, then a special carrier can be used.

If an article in the cart is not below the size limit, then this carrier is not shown.

This is to be able to offer a carrier to ship small item with envelops.

Thank you for your help,

hmmm i'm not sure understand what you're saying above

"If an article is smaller than a define dimension, then a special carrier can be used.

If an article in the cart is not below the size limit, then this carrier is not shown."

what happen if customer buy 10 units of article ... the total packages dimension will not be the same again right ?

However you cannot do this by default, you should develop a new carrier module

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

In my test process, I had a look to PS 1.5.3 and it is possible to set dimensions in the product page. And it is also possible to set dimensions in the carrier configuration page. As I could see, when the product is bigger than the dimensions configured for the carrier, the carrier is not shown. It seems to work in PS 1.5.3

My question is: is it possible to do this in PS 1.4.9 ?

For the moment, I don't wish to uprgrade to 1.5

i did not test (or I don't remembre :) ) what's happening in PS 1.5.3 when buying several articles. I think the total size is calculated ? :unsure: Hope so . . . :blink: