Error Importing Swedish Language Se

Hi,

I just installed Prestashop 1.5.3.

When trying to import the Swedish language under the localization page I get the following error. Importing other languages works as expected.

Please advice.

/K

2 errors

• An error occurred while creating the language: se
  • The field name is required.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I solved it.

I did the following: (copied from the help forum):

PrestaShop comes multilingual out of the box: there are 5 default languages (English, French, Spanish, Deutsch and Italian), and many more are available to download.

The "Language" tab manages the languages you'll see in your back office and your shop. When you click on this tab the page below is displayed.

This screen displays the languages already installed on your shop. You can enable or disable a language by clicking on the icon in the "Enables" column.

In the "Language options" section, you can select which language will be displayed by default, both in the back office and the front office.

If you want to add a language to your store, click the “Add New” to reach the form below.

In order to add a new language:

• Enter the Name.
  • Enter the adequate ISO 639-1 code.
  • Enter an image of the flag of the language you want to add: upload a very small sized picture that does not exceed the resolution of 16*11 pixels.)
  • Then upload an image that will appear when an image is missing from your store, in the new language. In French, this image contains the words "Aucune image", for example.
  • Click "Save".
  • Go to the "Translations" sub-tab to finalize the installation of the new language.
  • In that sub-tab's "Import a language pack" section, click on "Browse" to select the language pack that was already
    downloaded to your computer.
  • Select it, and click on "Import". The "Translations added" notification then tells you that the import was successful.

You can click on the flags at the top of your shop (front-office) to verify this operation. Similarly, visitors to your shop can now select an additional language by using the icons at the top of the page.

• Like 1