Sarak

Slow Site - Does Product Quanitiy Contribute To Site Speed?

My site is starting to load quite slowly and adding new products in BO is becoming quite a task, with it taking up to 5 minutes per product (usually getting slower around the attributes section).

This has only started to happen over the last 48 hours so I'm hoping my hosts are just having a minor problem with speed. My hosting is with Vidahost in the UK.

I've never had a problem with website speed before. I've checked my bandwidth and disk space and I'm well below my limit so that can't be the problem.

I only have around 900 products at the moment, with hundreds more due to be added, and each product is listed as having a quantity of between 100-400. Could the product quantity number slow down the site?

Just been to visit my hosts website and their page is taking quite some time to get going. Could the slow speed be due to a problem on their end?