Moving Site From Local Host To Webserver,,,,problems! Help Please

tommow

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this prestashop, but it would seem to be a great CMS....if i could get it working on a webserver.

I have prestashop on a WAMP for development. I have made a site, which works fine. Now when I go to upload to a web server, I end up either getting directed to localhost again, or a server error.

I have attempted to alter settings.inc.php to the correct db_name, db_user, but it seems to have no affect.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to change???

By the way, oddly I can still access the backoffice, and all the objects, images etc from the uploaded DB are there to see and access....weird

Thanks in advance

tommo

By the way, oddly I can still access the backoffice, and all the objects, images etc from the uploaded DB are there to see and access....weird

Access the BackOffice and go to SEO&URL configuration.

Turn off Friendly Url.

Check the correct domain shop/ssl shop addresses entered in the corresponding fields.

Turn on Friendly Url again to regenerate htaccess file.

Edited by doubleD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I may(am) being a bit thick on this, but I tried changing those....but to no effect. Well apart from just the server error.

If I go to www.domainname.com/prestashop I can see my header and then a 404 message.

Bloody confused?

I may(am) being a bit thick on this, but I tried changing those....but to no effect. Well apart from just the server error.

If I go to www.domainname.com/prestashop I can see my header and then a 404 message.

Bloody confused?

No effect? Are you redirected to localhost again?

Try to access the website without Friendly URL.

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this prestashop, but it would seem to be a great CMS....if i could get it working on a webserver.

I have prestashop on a WAMP for development. I have made a site, which works fine. Now when I go to upload to a web server, I end up either getting directed to localhost again, or a server error.

I have attempted to alter settings.inc.php to the correct db_name, db_user, but it seems to have no affect.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to change???

Thanks in advance

tommo

help me , am also facing same problem

• 1 month later...