"Access Denied" to "SEO & URLs" in back office

I recently upgraded from version 1.1 to 1.5. It's all mostly ok, except inability to automatically update the .htaccess file or connect to some pages in the back office (I get an error or access denied). My biggest concern here is the SEO & URL page as I cannot edit this otherwise...

I cannot access in back office:

• Preferences > SEO & URLs (access denied error)
  • Advanced Parameters > AdminStatsModules (appears twice in menu & nothing happens)
  • Advanced Parameters > AdminStatsConf (appears twice in menu & nothing happens)
  • Advanced Parameters > AdminSubDomains (access denied error)
  • Advanced Parameters > AdminMeta (appears twice in menu & nothing happens)

I can access this but appears twice

• Advanced Parameters > AdminBackup (appears twice in menu)

I'm guessin the duplicates are due to the upgrade, but not sure how to get round the problem,.

I would be grateful to any advice or if an expert can help me fix these problems. Aside from this, everything else appears to be ok!

thanks

Andrew

Thanks "Gonebdg". I've now updated/corrected this message as I realised I was looking at the wrong part of the database...

On the PS_tabs table, it looks like class_name for "SEO-URL" in back office is AdminMeta...

This is listed three times on PS_tabs as id_tab 55 , id_tab 64 & id_tab 73

-Is this normal or the duplication the cause of the problem?

Please see image of this:

post-11708-0-29562100-1360804028_thumb.jpg

In the module column it says NULL in all 3 cases. Can anyone help advise what this means or if this is the cause of the problems I'm having with the SEO&URL option in the back office

The PS_access table includes both the id_tab 55 and id_tab 64

Are all the other "NULLS" in the database going to be causing other problems?

Edited by Andrew H (see edit history)

UPDATE: After some experimentation, I think the duplicate entries in the database (as a result of my upgrade) were the cause of the problem. For the time being I've renamed the problematic id_tabs and this immediately enabled the SEO & URL page to become viewable.

• Like 1

1. Take a look on ps_employee DB table. Make sure your admin account have id_profile = 1 (Super Administrator), and remember your id_employee
  2. Take a look on ps_employee_shop DB table. Make sure your id_employee is there and have id_shop = 1
  3. Take a look on ps_profile DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is available there
  4. Take a look on ps_profile_lang DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is there and have id_lang = 1 and have name = SuperAdmin. id_lang is your id language, if your language English with id_lang = 1
  5. Take a look on ps_tab_lang DB table. Search "SEO & URLs" and remember id_tab value (default = 70)
  6. Take a look on ps_tab DB table. Make sure there is id_tab = 70, id_parent = 16, class_name = AdminMeta, module = NULL, position = 15 , active =1
  7. Take a look on ps_access DB table. Make sure the SuperAdmin id_profile have all id_tab value with view, add, edit, delete values = 1

On ps_tab DB table, the module column default value is NULL. Unless you have module which have relation to the tab, then module name should be written here as a value.

By default The class_name = AdminMeta only have one id_tab with default id_parent = 16 (Preferences)

• Like 2

1. Take a look on ps_employee DB table. Make sure your admin account have id_profile = 1 (Super Administrator), and remember your id_employee
  2. Take a look on ps_employee_shop DB table. Make sure your id_employee is there and have id_shop = 1
  3. Take a look on ps_profile DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is available there
  4. Take a look on ps_profile_lang DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is there and have id_lang = 1 and have name = SuperAdmin. id_lang is your id language, if your language English with id_lang = 1
  5. Take a look on ps_tab_lang DB table. Search "SEO & URLs" and remember id_tab value (default = 70)
  6. Take a look on ps_tab DB table. Make sure there is id_tab = 70, id_parent = 16, class_name = AdminMeta, module = NULL, position = 15 , active =1
  7. Take a look on ps_access DB table. Make sure the SuperAdmin id_profile have all id_tab value with view, add, edit, delete values = 1

On ps_tab DB table, the module column default value is NULL. Unless you have module which have relation to the tab, then module name should be written here as a value.

By default The class_name = AdminMeta only have one id_tab with default id_parent = 16 (Preferences)

Thank you , your instructions solved my problem after 1 month!

At table ps_tab_lang the tabs lang was incorrect.

• 3 years later...

• Take a look on ps_employee DB table. Make sure your admin account have id_profile = 1 (Super Administrator), and remember your id_employee
  • Take a look on ps_employee_shop DB table. Make sure your id_employee is there and have id_shop = 1
  • Take a look on ps_profile DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is available there
  • Take a look on ps_profile_lang DB table. Make sure id_profile = 1 is there and have id_lang = 1 and have name = SuperAdmin. id_lang is your id language, if your language English with id_lang = 1
  • Take a look on ps_tab_lang DB table. Search "SEO & URLs" and remember id_tab value (default = 70)
  • Take a look on ps_tab DB table. Make sure there is id_tab = 70, id_parent = 16, class_name = AdminMeta, module = NULL, position = 15 , active =1
  • Take a look on ps_access DB table. Make sure the SuperAdmin id_profile have all id_tab value with view, add, edit, delete values = 1

Hello and thanks for providing this guide, I have seen that others posts refer here for solutions to similar problems.

My problem is that I cannot see the "Shop" category in the menu. If I try to access from search results, or any of it's subcategories I get an "Access Denied" Message

My id_profile=1 and id_shop=1 , as for the rest I have some screenshots.

Thanks in advance

post-1238852-0-37332600-1473527681_thumb.png

post-1238852-0-97048100-1473527683_thumb.png

post-1238852-0-47847200-1473527687_thumb.png

post-1238852-0-80040700-1473527688_thumb.png

post-1238852-0-58064100-1473527693_thumb.png

You said :

My problem is that I cannot see the "Shop" category in the menu. If I try to access from search results, or any of it's subcategories I get an "Access Denied" Message

What is that supposed to mean ?
By default there isn't Admin Menu "Shop"
If "Shop" is a category, you should search it under "Catalog" > "Categories" menu

You said :

What is that supposed to mean ?

By default there isn't Admin Menu "Shop"

If "Shop" is a category, you should search it under "Catalog" > "Categories" menu

All the options i have in the screenshot which belong to sections "Shop" and "Multistore" lead to "Access Denied" 

post-1238852-0-11736800-1473585795_thumb.png

All of those links was sourced from `AdminShop` controller, class name `AdminShop`
According to your screenshot >> https://www.prestashop.com/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2016/post-1238852-0-47847200-1473527687.png
`AdminShop` had an `id_tab` = 7
Thus you should check your database table `ps_access`

search for a row with `id_profile` = 1 (Super admin) which have `id_tab` = 7

and make sure all admin rights is active : `view` = 1, `add` = 1, `edit` = 1, `delete` = 1