Paypal with no error msg. Please try to contact the merchant:

visionmobile

Hi,

My paypal module was working fine all these time. Just last bight it stopped working. im getting following Error message.

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. ->

Tried reinstalling the Paypal module

tried removing completely

I contacted payapal they said ccording to their error log my API it's not even hitting paypal server. Please help what could be the problem?

If you can try here www.visionmobile.ca

user name: [email protected]
    password: test1234

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

What is going on?

We still don't know; never got to the bottom of why. I can only suggest going through the thread I linked to above. Yes, I know it's long, but if you can try the script that I wrote and posted. That way at least you've got a basic idea of what's not working. Why access is being blocked is something that I can't answer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all.

I started having this same problem on a Prestashop v1.5 (with PayPal v3.6.6) store a few days ago. In my search for a solution I landed on a lengthy thread dating back to 2012. From what others were saying, the conclusion was that there was some communication problem between PayPal and the affected sites/servers.

I did as suggested by a few and create a clone of my site on a server at a completely different web host (in a country on the other side of the globe) but the problem persisted. Then I decided to test another Prestashop store (v1.3) I have on the original server. That one is still using PayPal v1.0. I found that PayPal checkout was working fine on this site with the older PayPal module.

This led me to conclude that it was not the server but something to do with the PayPal module. I did a Google search for the phrase "paypal api update 2015". This eventually led me to one of PayPal's Technical Support page: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1182/kw/prestashop which states: 

"As of January 12, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST), PayPal has discontinued support for Secure Socket Layer version 3 (SSL 3.0)"

Scrolling down to the Prestashop link took me here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/380185-paypal-modification-ssl-v3-to-tls/

I followed the instructions on that page to manually update my PayPal module to v3.8.1 and voila! the PS v1.5 store is working perfectly on both servers.

Hopefully this will be of help to my fellow PS users.

• Like 2

Scrolling down to the Prestashop link took me here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/380185-paypal-modification-ssl-v3-to-tls/

I followed the instructions on that page to manually update my PayPal module to v3.8.1 and voila! the PS v1.5 store is working perfectly on both servers.

Hopefully this will be of help to my fellow PS users.

With PayPal switching off support for SSL 3.0 it should give a similar error as the communication problem some of us had.   It was routers on the internet mis-routing apparently.

If you have a similar problem then you must first update the PayPal module in your shop before investigating further.

I've got to say that PayPal have been very good.   You should have got various emails from them and I even got a phone call warning me about the SSL 3.0 problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My paypal module was working fine all these time. Just last bight it stopped working. im getting following Error message.

Please try to contact the merchant:

• PayPal response:
  • ->

Tried reinstalling the Paypal module

tried removing completely

I contacted payapal they said ccording to their error log my API it's not even hitting paypal server. Please help what could be the problem?

If you can try here www.visionmobile.ca

user name: [email protected]

password: test1234

Thanks!

Please download and update your module...  :)

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

• 1 month later...

had the same problem

almost gave up (as I understand nothing about computers/internet)

having older version (1.5.3.1)

then I disabled my paypal module

loaded up the current one from addons (for free)

and it works!

• Like 1