[Solved] Pdf Invoice And Delivery Slip Generator Not Working In Back Office

cammo

Just in the final stages of testing a new store running on 1.5.2 and noticed when doing some test orders that the PDF invoices/delivery slips do not generate.

When you go into view Orders in the back office, and click on the 'View Invoice' button, it opens a blank window, trying to generate the PDF, but eventually gives me a HTTP500 error.

Same deal with the Delivery slips.

This makes me think it's a PDF generating issue.

What could be causing this? I wouldn't know where to start. I haven't made any core mods, just theme modifications, CSS etc. Although I have tweaked some modules.

I checked and replaced the AdminPdfController.php thinking maybe that has something to do with it, but there was nothing wrong with the content of the file. Same as in PS1.5.3.

Anyone have any ideas or know of this happening to anyone?

My next step will be to disable modules one by one, to see if one of them may be causing it somehow?

Edited by cammo (see edit history)

Well here was my solution to the problem..

It seems you can not have a PNG file selected for the invoice logo in the Prestashop settings.

I had to change the invoice logo to a JPG file and it now works.

Found the solution here:

http://www.prestasho...error-help-plz/

THANK YOU!!

This is the solution, they should really add this to their documentation or beter it should not be possible to upload an PNG here.

• 3 years later...
I did experience slow PDF (invoice) generation with my prestashop upgrade to 1.6.5 and found the fix. Maybe worth to try for your image PNG logo issue.

Upgrade the 3rd party software tcpdf which is located in tools/tcpdf

First make a backup of tools/tcpdf

unpack it and copy it OVER the original one

If you replace the whole folder then prestashop still cannot generate invoices. Maybe there is a file in tools/tcpdf which is prestashop specific. I didn't look into this as it's working now.

My tcpdf upgraded from 5.9.179 to 6.2.11. The version is listed at the top of the tcpdf.php file

• 7 years later...
On 6/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, shopimport.nl said:
I did experience slow PDF (invoice) generation with my prestashop upgrade to 1.6.5 and found the fix. Maybe worth to try for your image PNG logo issue.
Upgrade the 3rd party software tcpdf which is located in tools/tcpdf
First make a backup of tools/tcpdf
unpack it and copy it OVER the original one
If you replace the whole folder then prestashop still cannot generate invoices. Maybe there is a file in tools/tcpdf which is prestashop specific. I didn't look into this as it's working now.
My tcpdf upgraded from 5.9.179 to 6.2.11. The version is listed at the top of the tcpdf.php file

Hi, I'm experiencing slow PDF generation too. I've tried updating tcpdf, and also I've make sure the logos are in JPG.

Still generates them too slow.

I also have a test prestashop different store as a test environment, and with same configuration (also PHP configuration), it works great.

Does anybody have any clue about this problem?

Much thanks.

Edited by José M. (see edit history)