[SOLVED] confused about multistore configuration

Ok this is my problem. I have two domainnames "sublimix.be" and "sublimix-glutenvrij.be".

at my domain "sublimix-glutenvrij.be" i configured an alias, so this is linked to sublimix.be, where my prestashop installation is.

the url configuration of the shops is this

Sublimix E-shop

www.sublimix.be/prestashop

Sublimix Glutenvrij

www.sublimix-glutenvrij.be/prestashop

so they both point to the same directory on "sublimix.be" . And my thought, which is probably wrong, is that prestashop would see by the url what shop to show. But i have read the manuals and searched the web. But i only gained a headache and no answer.

So can someone please explained to me what makes prestashop know what shop to show. Because i hope i'm right when i say i don't have to install prestashop twice in a different folder.

Thank you in advance for the time you are willing to bestow on my question.

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

I just tried it, even on another computer. But it doesn't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

When i made the new shop, i checked to copy all the data from the original shop. Then for testing if it worked, i changed the products. I disabled those that are not free of gluten, and thus they would be shown in the shop. But they still are all there.

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

I apologize for not checking your url's earlier...

look at your second domain name, when you navigate, check the url...it never changes..i.e. click any page and the url stays the same but no uri.

this tells me that your 2nd domain url is not set correctly in your hosting account, it is using masked redirection...you do NOT want to use masked redirects...

..and that is why it's not working....