ajkay

BLOG MODULE URL FRIENDLY URL'S

Hi

could anyone tell me how i can achieve a seo friendly url using the blog module. The following is an example of what i am getting which to my mind is not SEO friendly and i would imagine that the search engines would have a hard time knowing what this page is all about:

e.g: http://www.orchidfashionboutique.co.uk/modules/blockblog/blockblog-post.php?post_id=3

any ideas or suggestions would be great

Hi,

Put this onto your htaccess file, at the start of the document to prevent the overwritting prestashop rules.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
#blog
RewriteRule ^blog/category/([0-9a-zA-Z-_]+)/?$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}modules/blockblog/blockblog-category.php?category_id=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blog/post/([0-9a-zA-Z-_]+)/?$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}modules/blockblog/blockblog-post.php?post_id=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blog/?$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}modules/blockblog/blockblog-categories.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

Hi

thanks for this. I did what you suggested and uploaded this code to the htaccess file at the top and it did not seem to make any difference.