Prestashop is slow (on and off)

My prestashop site is 1.5.3 .It was 1.3 without any speed problem.

vitaminfast.com

The site is sometime very slow and sometime normal when we are browsing product page. Let's say after 2-3 products browsing the fourth one or fifth one turn out very slow to load. I even saw "Too many SQL request" once.

I tried to config "CCC" as shown . Memcache is disable because I am using shared hosting. What's else could I try to improve speed of my site ?

Please help .

it's most likely your shared hosting...especially on the weekend when people are surfingt he web....I'd contact my hosting provider...and you may contemplate upgrading to a more robust hosting account.

note: as with anything we upgrade, the new features come with a cost...as the new features will consume more memory and db access...

Thanks for quick answer. But this is 3AM in my local time .So the traffic load can't be that huge.

And as I mentioned , it is always getting in the same cycles. When I clicked for 3-4 products continuously ,it is working fine ( I waited for the page to finish loading ) but after the 5th or 6th product pages, it freezed for 30 sec . And then the same loop repeat.

I asked my hosting provider to look for a CPU load in shared server, it is normal . And I tried to increase query_cache_size & limit but the speed is increased slightly but it turns out to freezed again when I click at 8th products .

I think the problem might be the SQL query but I don't know how to fix