[SOLVED] Choosing the right theme...

Hello,

I just downloaded Prestashop, installed it and it seems to be the right shop system for my needs.

Well, the next step would be to find the right theme for me, but I'm not quite sure which criterias I should consider apart from if it is nice looking and seems to be a fair price.

Well, for example, I'm comparing these both themes:

http://addons.presta...ate-pro-15.html

and

http://addons.presta...tronics-15.html

The first Theme is cheap and has a good user rating. Sounds good... . But if I compare it with the second theme, is see that the rating is not that good as theme 1's rating. It's also more expensive, BUT under feautures there are so many features listed which are not even mentioned for theme 1...

I mean, especially regarding SEO - it's not mentioned for theme 1. So it is not recommended to use it because it's not search engine optimized? Furthermore, I would like to start my shop in English and German - theme 2 is translated in 5 languages, and theme 1...it's not even mentioned....

So hope you understand my problem. How can I find the right theme? What is important?

Thank you so much for your help!

Jan

Edited by jsk85 (see edit history)

Hello jsk

I would take a look at templatemela dot com for a theme which is cost a little more but they offer free upgrades and help with the themes itself with great support systems in place. I would 1st take a look on there as they do offer some in addons but will offer a better selection I think. To get great support and free upgrades is a very good option to have in place when buying a theme. They offer the language packs as well just like prestashop and compatible with prestashop modules for which version you're using. When you get a theme from them they provide their modules and also you can still use the default modules as well and if there is an issue they will help you fix the problem if it's a theme issue or it's not loaded properly.

The SEO for the themes are really good based with my exp.

You might want to ask yourself do you want a 1 column, 2 or 3 column site

It just depends on your needs. I myself used a 3 column.

Hello,

I just downloaded Prestashop, installed it and it seems to be the right shop system for my needs.

Well, the next step would be to find the right theme for me, but I'm not quite sure which criterias I should consider apart from if it is nice looking and seems to be a fair price.

Well, for example, I'm comparing these both themes:

http://addons.presta...ate-pro-15.html

and

http://addons.presta...tronics-15.html

The first Theme is cheap and has a good user rating. Sounds good... . But if I compare it with the second theme, is see that the rating is not that good as theme 1's rating. It's also more expensive, BUT under feautures there are so many features listed which are not even mentioned for theme 1...

I mean, especially regarding SEO - it's not mentioned for theme 1. So it is not recommended to use it because it's not search engine optimized? Furthermore, I would like to start my shop in English and German - theme 2 is translated in 5 languages, and theme 1...it's not even mentioned....

So hope you understand my problem. How can I find the right theme? What is important?

Thank you so much for your help!

Jan

You want to take in consideration the modules you plan to use for your online store along with the aesthetics of the theme's design, language translation, optimization for SEO, compatibility with PS v1.5.3.1 and lastly the price. Most importantly take in consideration the level of support you'll receive once you've purchase the theme from developer or company selling the theme. Do your due diligence and search for any customer reviews regarding the theme and read the company's Terms and Conditions before purchasing the theme.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

at this point I just want to confirm what clayton29657 already mentioned:

I purchased a Theme from templatemela.com and I'm absolulty amazed about them. The after-sales-service is AWESOME - very fast, very detailed! Templatemela is highly recommended by me as well.

Greets,

Jan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, it's my first theme I bought...so I have no idea how other theme developer are. But my experience with TemplateMela is excellent, especially with their after-sales-service. If there is a problem with the theme wich is related to them, they wll defnitly fix it directly on your server...

Thnx jsk.....i was wondering why there is so much price difference in between TemplateMela themes and the one which are available presta add on site......

Well, it's my first theme I bought...so I have no idea how other theme developer are. But my experience with TemplateMela is excellent, especially with their after-sales-service. If there is a problem with the theme wich is related to them, they wll defnitly fix it directly on your server...

Well, on the TemplateMela-Website the Templates cost around 50-60€, PrestaShop Templates on prestashop.com between 30 and 299 Euro. I guess the price is related to the complexity of the templates, the feautres and the offered support. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Certified Partners have to pay PrestaShop an certain amount for get their themes listed on prestashop.com. Furthermore, some theme developing companies are based in asia so they can produce the themes very cheap - far cheaper then companies producing in the US or Europe... . There are many possible reasons for the price differences.

• Like 1

Good analysis jsk.............thnx a lot for your kind help

Well, on the TemplateMela-Website the Templates cost around 50-60€, PrestaShop Templates on prestashop.com between 30 and 299 Euro. I guess the price is related to the complexity of the templates, the feautres and the offered support. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Certified Partners have to pay PrestaShop an certain amount for get their themes listed on prestashop.com. Furthermore, some theme developing companies are based in asia so they can produce the themes very cheap - far cheaper then companies producing in the US or Europe... . There are many possible reasons for the price differences.