Will importing a csv with same products add them or edit the previous ones?

acua

I have a small problem, i have a prestashop site which will have hundreds of products and if my supplier's prices change i will have to take every single one of them and change the price according to my supplier.

I saw that it is possible to import products via .csv files, but the problem is that i saw that i can import multiple products with the same code.

What i need from this .csv import is to actually update only the filled in sections, not replace the entire product or add a similar one with different stats.

Example:

I have this product: 1;2;120;4;5;6;product description;

and i want to modify only the price, which is the third field so i would import something like this

1;;110;;;;; and this will select the product id (which is 1) and update only the price area from 120 to 110.

I don't know if i made myself clear, but i hope there is something to solve this problem.

Edited by Alexandrwc (see edit history)

It will import them again.

You need to find a module that lets you update products via CSV file.

If you are trying to import prices from the "Price" tab (not the base product price), you can use http://www.presto-ch...ces-import.html

You can also check the Addons store.

I can't really find the module (for 1.5.3.1) that does exactly what i want and i don't think i have the php and mysql knowledge to make the module myself... how much would it cost me to ask someone to make it for me?

Edited by Alexandrwc (see edit history)