BIG PROBLEM... - Paypal check out button keep disappearing!

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this problem...

Here is my site hosted by godaddy.com

iloveyou-shop.com

I tried to pay for the item and 'check out with paypal' button is there.

Everything seems normal.

Then when I log out and log back in, the 'check out with paypal' button is gone!

I cleared cookies from my browser (chorme) and the button appear again..

It's just so weird that after I log out and log back in, the paypal button is gone and i need to clear cookies every time so I can make a payment...

Anyone know what is happening?

I attached some pic for your references..

Much appreciated!

Hmm,

Using chrome I tried to re-create the problem, but After registering, logging out and logging in again (in the mean time a few times I clicked on your shop logo to go to the front page to log out/log in and then to the product page (bag right hand side), I still see the paypal button...

What PS version do you use?

Can you describe a full session (please mention all pages you visit in between, clicks you do etc.) to re-create the problem?

Hi PascalVG,

What I did is I click on 'check out with paypal' then it jump to the paypal payment page,

then I click back arrow, back to the product page, then the button is gone!

After I clear my cookie, it's there again...

Maybe it's something to do with configuration? I dont know..

Genie

Hi Genie,

As far as I can see, it's a "feature" of Paypal. It looks as it wants to prevent that the user checks out twice for the same order, so it disables the button. It doesn't check if the user presses "Back" in the browser and cancels neatly, but just returns without cancelling the order process. (It seems that it works correctly if you press the "Cancel and Return..." link.)

Am afraid the Paypal module needs to be rewritten for this to handle back-button correctly :-(

Not sure how to help more. Maybe you can change the Paypal text and make the Cancel link bigger, but it all needs some programming :((

Anyone else has suggestions?? (Or, maybe I'm all wrong and a clear mind knows more/better??)

I use paypal the 'normal' way, so checkout via the normal way and then (after logging in, address info, carrier) choose Paypal as (one of the) payment method(s). I have bankwire and paypal as choice.

I don't use the paypal button on the product page, as then the order will be per single product, instead of more combined to one order. But this may depend on the products sold. I can imagine people buy normally only one bag at the time...

Maybe consider this and try if that works for you!