[Solved] Tracking number URL not appearing in email sent to customer

P.S. 1.5.3.1

I add the tracking URL at Shipping -> Carriers

for example

http://www.packagetr.../hongkongpost/@

As stated by Prestashop Delivery tracking URL; type '@' where the tracking number will appear, it will be automatically replaced by the tracking number.

However, when I update the tracking number in my Orders, the email sent does not contain the link to the tracking URL as seen in the attached thumbnail... any ideas? Please help.

tracking.bmp

Edited by SteliosAl (see edit history)

P.S. 1.5.3.1

I add the tracking URL at Shipping -> Carriers

for example

http://www.packagetr.../hongkongpost/@

As stated by Prestashop Delivery tracking URL; type '@' where the tracking number will appear, it will be automatically replaced by the tracking number.

However, when I update the tracking number in my Orders, the email sent does not contain the link to the tracking URL as seen in the attached thumbnail... any ideas? Please help.

Do you have {followup} variable in your mail template? (in_transit.html)

Do you have {followup} variable in your mail template? (in_transit.html)

This is how it looks in my in_transit.html file

<td align="left"><strong>Your order with the reference {order_name} is currently in transit.</strong>.<br /><br />You can track your package using the following link: <a href="{followup}">{followup}</a></td>

Maybe i input the link incorrectly? But it seems that I have done it correctly, even if something is wrongly put there then i should at least see the incorrect URL!

The URL example here is the actual URL i use

New installation..Almost finishing the website.. don't want anymore issues!

Prestashop Team please help!

Very strange, everything is working for me...

Did you make any changes to controllers/classes/overrides/admin template ?

Very strange, everything is working for me...

Did you make any changes to controllers/classes/overrides/admin template ?

no changes at all..

will try to recreate the carrier and see if that works..

if you have any other ideas please let me know

Hello,

I am new in here and PS 1.5.3.1. is my first experience,

but i have some programming skills...

I had this same issue.. so i looked into shop/controllers/admin/AdminOrdersController.php but the problem wasn't in there,

i found it finally by looking into the db.. in the (carrier) and (order_carrier) tables..

somehow when you update a carrier info.. like adding the tracking url.. it doens't update the same carrier in the db, but it creates a new one.. therefore, all orders made have the id_carrier wrong or inexistant if you deleted that carrier..

so in conclusion, the {followup} link is working fine, but you need to create a new order using your new or updated carrier..

the problem then will be if you have real orders and you had to update a carrier, therefore i suggest you modify the link or any info related to that carrier directly into the database, till the development team fix that issue.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

When you updating carrier, Prestashop will duplicate the carrier as new carrier (with new id_carrier) where the updated data (in this case Tracking URL) will be stored into new carrier instead the current carrier and the current carrier will automatically flagged as deleted.

You cannot use the updated carrier data (Tracking URL) within all Orders made before this carrier updated, because all of Orders has been stored into the database with the previous id_carrier.

Go to your database editor (phpMyAdmin), search table xx_carrier (xx_ is your prefix database) and then edit URL value for all the same carrier name (the same carrier id_reference) which has been flagged as deleted.

And to prevent this issue in the future, you can use the attached file here AdminCarriersController.php

Upload into /override/controllers/admin/

• Like 4

Thanks a lot gonebdg for the file!

but i'm still wondering why it just doesn't update the carrier instead of creating new one, this override file did update the carrier link so why flagging it as deleted and making new one..

just curiosity :)

Cheers !!

Edited by zAy (see edit history)

When you updating carrier, Prestashop will duplicate the carrier as new carrier (with new id_carrier) where the updated data (in this case Tracking URL) will be stored into new carrier instead the current carrier and the current carrier will automatically flagged as deleted. You cannot use the updated carrier data (Tracking URL) within all Orders made before this carrier updated, because all of Orders has been stored into the database with the previous id_carrier. Go to your database editor (phpMyAdmin), search table xx_carrier (xx_ is your prefix database) and then edit URL value for all the same carrier name (the same carrier id_reference) which has been flagged as deleted. And to prevent this issue in the future, you can use the attached file here AdminCarriersController.php Upload into /override/controllers/admin/

I found the table just didn't quite understand what to edit and how.. can you please explain in more detail..i see all the carriers even the same carriers have different id numbers etc..

I found the table just didn't quite understand what to edit and how.. can you please explain in more detail..i see all the carriers even the same carriers have different id numbers etc..

Stelios, you no more need to edit in the table, thx to gonebdg, you just download the file above, and place it in override/controllers/admin/ and the issue is fixed..

It was that updating a carrier in the BO used to create a new record in db and flag the precedent as deleted, so as each order contains the carrier id.. older orders will no more show the tracking url for example..

so the file fixed that by updating the deleted carrier with same values of the newly created one to keep older orders "safe".

Cheers !

Stelios, you no more need to edit in the table, thx to gonebdg, you just download the file above, and place it in override/controllers/admin/ and the issue is fixed..

It was that updating a carrier in the BO used to create a new record in db and flag the precedent as deleted, so as each order contains the carrier id.. older orders will no more show the tracking url for example..

so the file fixed that by updating the deleted carrier with same values of the newly created one to keep older orders "safe".

Cheers !

I have just overriden the file.. i then updated the tracking url of the same TEST order and the email sent does not show the link url again.. will it work for new orders but not the same order? i also tried changing the tracking number of the same TEST order.. thanks for the help and effort by the way

I have just overriden the file.. i then updated the tracking url of the same TEST order and the email sent does not show the link url again.. will it work for new orders but not the same order? i also tried changing the tracking number of the same TEST order.. thanks for the help and effort by the way

It should work for new orders. Try it )

Or you can put your carrier id to the existing order in ps_orders table 'id_carrier' field. It should work for the changed order too.

• Like 1

See my example on screenshot below

post-30874-0-68118800-1360289730.jpg

There are 2 carrier with the same id_reference: 2 and the same name: My carrier, but different id_carrier and different url.

By default ...

When you update url of My carrier (id_carrier : 2), Prestashop will duplicate this carrier as My carrier (id_carrier : 3) but the updated url will only recorded into this new carrier.

So you should edit the url of id_carrier : 2 manually by typing the same url, in this case the url is >> http://www.my-carrier.com/new-tracking.php?code=@

Why Prestashop duplicate the updated carrier and create a new one ... ?

Because there are several data that should be stay intact (shipping cost, tax, shipping & handling, billing) to maintain Orders data

post-30874-0-68118800-1360289730_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

See my example on screenshot below post-30874-0-68118800-1360289730.jpg There are 2 carrier with the same id_reference: 2 and the same name: My carrier, but different id_carrier and different url. By default ... When you update url of My carrier (id_carrier : 2), Prestashop will duplicate this carrier as My carrier (id_carrier : 3) but the updated url will only recorded into this new carrier. So you should edit the url of id_carrier : 2 manually by typing the same url, in this case the url is >> http://www.my-carrier.com/new-tracking.php?code=@ Why Prestashop duplicate the updated carrier and create a new one ... ? Because there are several data that should be stay intact (shipping cost, tax, shipping & handling, billing) to maintain Orders data

I have deleted all carriers and table contents and recreated the carriers..i also uploaded the file you have provided me and overwritten the old one.. does the file work for P.S. 1.5.3.1? i hope i don't encounter this problem again if i update the carrier..will i?

But yes the link now displays as it should :)

Thanks

Edited by SteliosAl (see edit history)

yes it compatible with P.S v.1.5.3.1.

If this problem has been solved, please edit/change this thread title with prefix [solved]

Have changed it to solved. Please take a look at the topic i posted below today if you wish. It's very important for Prestashop Multilanguage SEO and not exactly sure which files to edit..Thanks

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/223446-prestashop-seo-for-multilanguage-website-important/

• 1 month later...

I am having this exact problem, however the solutions above did not work for me. I uploaded the new override file, then deleted any entries in the ps-carriers table that have been flagged as deleted (deleted = 1). Then when I try to update the tracking number on my order the site goes blank/white and no notification is sent (prior to the fix I could update the tracking number and a notification would be sent, but no tracking info/link would be included in it).

I have opened a new ticket found at http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/237679-tracking-numbers-not-being-placed-in-notification/ just in case others have had trouble implementing the fix. Please let me know if there is a solution to this or if I messed something up in your outlined steps. thanks!

• 4 months later...

theboinia, this topic is solved.. plz read again the whole discussions above carefully, you will then know how to fix it...

if not, then ask again what is not working for u from

the above solutions..

Goodluck

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem, but manually updated the url field in the table. I am unable to download the controller override for some reason from this discussion.

Since my issue is basically fixed by edited the records in the db, i still have a question though... do I need to put the @ symbol at the end of the url in the database for USPS ??

Thanks

• 4 months later...