Discount voucher only for new customers ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Pippo3000, you could also advertise a voucher on your homepage. One time use for new registered users 20% off for example.

In your Cart Rules section you can limit the use of a voucher to 1 per customer. That means the registered user can only use the voucher one time.

thanks, Benjamin. That is what I did, But I am unsure and actually doubt that this works also for customers checking out as guest. As they are not 'tracked'. Or am I wrong? Phil

• 8 months later...

Hi Pippo3000, you could also advertise a voucher on your homepage. One time use for new registered users 20% off for example.

In your Cart Rules section you can limit the use of a voucher to 1 per customer. That means the registered user can only use the voucher one time.

Doing it this way also allows "old" customers to use the discount code when you create one.

I am looking for the same thing (in PS 1.5.6.2), to be able to restrict the coupon code to customers register after X date, or even better if I could select between X and Y dates I could offer vouchers only for loyal customers ("old" customers"). Another option would be being able to define the minimum amount of orders the customer must have done to be able to use the voucher code.

Any solution to creating a cart rule only for "new" customers then (after X date)?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Doing it this way also allows "old" customers to use the discount code when you create one.

I am looking for the same thing (in PS 1.5.6.2), to be able to restrict the coupon code to customers register after X date, or even better if I could select between X and Y dates I could offer vouchers only for loyal customers ("old" customers"). Another option would be being able to define the minimum amount of orders the customer must have done to be able to use the voucher code.

Any solution to creating a cart rule only for "new" customers then (after X date)?

Hi Fire,

How did you solved it?

Me too i need to create a cart rule only for new customer.

thanks

Angela

• 1 year later...

Hi Fire,

How did you solved it?

Me too i need to create a cart rule only for new customer.

thanks

Angela

This is a really old thread. If I remember right I programmed an override that would create a voucher for the specific customer on account creation and email it to him/her. This way the shop created vouchers for new accounts. To disabled it I just commented / renamed the override. 

Hope that gives you an idea of how to implement it.