dahechler

Help with USPS and adding Carriers to the "Delivery Service"

I'm trying to setup specific Flat Rate Mailing, separate from the default items in the "Delivery Service", and can't seem to get them to work.

When I test an order, no prices come up, it only shows "0".

If possible, how can I add items to the default list of "Delivery Service" ?

For this you will need to create a carrier then add a price & weight range or ranges to that carrier.

Be sure and set to the correct zone under carrier edit/configuration.

Made sure everything was filled in, however, it still does not show up in the default list of "Delivery Services" in the USPS module screen

Edited by dahechler (see edit history)

I guess your using the Prestashop USPS module?

If your setting up flat rates, you don't need a USPS calculator, just set a new carrier with the flat rate. Each flat rate carrier at each postage amount for each weight range must be set. So, one carrier for $4.95 for 0 to 1lbs, another for $7.95 for 1.0001 lbs to... etc.

Carriers have to be set up for each weight range and service. Zones have to be managed also. For example, North America includes multiple countries. So, its usually best to create a zone for your home country if its not in an exclusive zone. Since everything else can then be "international".

P.S. I never did get the free USPS module to work, I stopped messing with it on my test site. It kept duplicating the carriers and it did not support international mail either.

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)

Sounds great - until USPS changes their flat rates. That is why I was hoping to get USPS module to work for me.