I need that my principal currency doesn´t appears in the online store, please help!

Hi guys,

Please I need all your help in this, I need that my principal currency doesn´t shows/appears in the online store, I have 2 currencies there, my principal currency is US dolars and the other one is Mexican Pesos, I need to have Us dolars as my principal because I bought all that I sell at USA so here in Mexico the dolar exchange changes almost daily, so very often I need to change the value of the dolars in my store to have my prices updated.

My biggest problem is that all the new customers be scared when they enter to my store and see all my prices at US dolars and not in pesos, so they don´t buy me at all or also I have a lot of questions of customers if I sell in dolars instead of pesos, because they don´t know that they can change very easy the currency with one click, also I posted an announce in the principal page of the store but they don´t read it.

So I need that my principal currency doesn´t show in my store or minumum that the mexican pesos appears "like" pincipal currency in the online store, so my customers wont need to change anything to see my real prices.

So what I need to do to have it like that ?

Please help me I am desperate with this, thank you so much in advance!!!

This is the store: www.mini-depot.com

Mario

Edited by mariocaz (see edit history)

you can use my module, see signature, Geo Targeting Pro, it will set the visitors country by their IP, i.e. Mexico,

then you set back office-->shipping-->country edit country, and set their default currency to pesos...

now when they enter your site, from a country you set the default currency, that is what they will see.

There is probably a hack to the FrontController.php that could be done to set all inbound to whatever currency you want...

also try this, edit your default country, Mexico, and set it's default currency to pesos, then anyone not logged in should see pesos..

suerte!

NOTE! it's important for your to clear your browser cookies, before testing...like a new visitor.

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)