Import products - CSV file example

You can find example files under the csv import tab.

Do you mean that "Available fields" on the left side of CSV IMPORT? I've tried to make one in excel but it doesn't work at all. so thats why I'm asking for simple example.

http://YOURSHOPURLHERE.COM/docs/csv_import/products_import.csv

id;Active (0/1);Name*;Categories (x,y,z,...);Price tax excl. Or Price tax excl;Tax rules id;Wholesale price;On sale (0/1);Discount amount;Discount percent;Discount from (yyy-mm-dd);Discount to (yyy-mm-dd);Reference #;Supplier reference #;Supplier;Manufacturer;EAN13;UPC;Ecotax;Weight;Quantity;Short description;Description;Tags (x,y,z,...);Meta-title;Meta-keywords;Meta-description;URL rewritten;Text when in-stock;Text if back-order allowed;Image URLs (x,y,z,...);Feature;Only available online
1;1;iPod Nano;Home, iPods;49;1;;1;;;;;92458844;54778855;AppleStore;Apple Computer, Inc;;;;0.5;800;New design. New features. Now i….;Curved ahead of the curve. For those about to rock, we give you nine amazing colors. But that's only part of the story. Feel the curved, all-aluminum and glass de...;apple, ipod, nano;;;;ipod-nano;In stock;;http://youdomain.com/img.jpg, http://yourdomain.com/img1.jpg;;
2;1;iPod shuffle;Home, iPods;66.05;1;79;1;;;;;92458845;54778855;AppleStore;Apple Computer, Inc;;;;0;500;iPod shuffle, the world’s most wearabl….;;ipod, shuffle;;;;ipod-shuffle;In stock;;http://youdomain.com/img25.jpg, http://yourdomain.com/img30.jpg;;

Please follow the link that parsifal provided.

It is not on the right side. The link for the example files is right under the UPLOAD button.

Please look for "Click to see our samples import csv files."

I've got it. Thank you. I thought it will be easier to fill all field up .

By the way, can you help me with:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/219865-help-shopin-cart-module/

and

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/219742-top-menu-modul-problem/

Thank you.

Edited by ldon (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Have You Think .CSV Creation is a tough Job...

Its quite easy..

1.Collect your List in Excel with Product ID,Description,Name...whatever you want

2.When saving Select CSV (MS DOS) Ignore the Service Messages

3.Open it in Notepad++.You can See the Character Separated Files.

4.Again Select Encoding & Choose Encode in UTF-8.Save it

5.Upload it & Select the Columns...

Simple;But to be keen in Documentation...

Keep Trying

Follow Me : https://twitter.com/RBK777breakz

Its quite easy..

1.Collect your List in Excel with Product ID,Description,Name...whatever you want

Keep Trying

Follow Me : https://twitter.com/RBK777breakz

If any Doubt Just Ask

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Its quite easy..

Keep Trying

Follow Me : https://twitter.com/RBK777breakz

I tryed this, but still after I edit the file, I cant import the file. Getting lots of errors.

What can I try instead??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We are trying to create a csv sheet of products through Excel sheet of MS Office 2013 but when we are saving it as .csv format then the attributes are not displayed in comma seperated format rather than in the conventional excel format.Please help us in converting the excel sheet to a sheet of products with attributes seperated by commas.When we are trying to save as the excel sheet in csv format the sheet is getting saved in such format with .csv extension but the values remain as the same in tables & rows like in old excel format.Please help us.

Thanks,

Kalyan G,

1stbuy

Hello,

How can replace them with ','? Is there any option as such in Notepad++?

Also can you help me with the image issue as in the Image url we are giving a link which is not of our domain but a link of an external website but that image is not getting displayed in the frontend when we are opening the same product page by directly accessing our website.Please help us in resolving this issue.We are using Prestashop 1.6.0.14

Regards,

Admin 1stbuy

Hello,

We are trying to create a csv sheet of products through Excel sheet of MS Office 2013 but when we are saving it as .csv format then the attributes are not displayed in comma seperated format rather than in the conventional excel format.Please help us in converting the excel sheet to a sheet of products with attributes seperated by commas.When we are trying to save as the excel sheet in csv format the sheet is getting saved in such format with .csv extension but the values remain as the same in tables & rows like in old excel format.Please help us.The problem is still theirs.We are not getting the sheet in conventional csv format seperated by semi-colons.

Regards,

1stbuy team.

Thanks,

Kalyan G,

1stbuy

• 2 months later...

I upload more then 10 thousand products in my website..

there are many things u have to do if u want Bulk Upload ...

1st things u have to know about excel formate

when u going to upload bulk products u have to download Sample Products CSV file from ''CSV Import option'' at right side.

Dont open That Sample CSV file u have to make sum changes in your Microsoft Excel application..

1st - go to Excel > Option > Advanced options > Unchecked System Separators and in Decimal and thousand separator both option fill Use comma (,) 

Press OK Save.

( try open Sample Product File if all menu show correct then dont attempt 2nd option )  

2nd - now open empty excel file. again go same to Excel > Option > Advanced options > Scroll Down Bottom in General menu > Web Options > Encoding >

Save Documents as Western European ( Windows ) Select and click ok save it.

well probably at this time. Sample product file must show correctly.

at this point if you  Use Fullstop ( . ) that ill be show as Comma (,) Thats normal

well now fill your sample file with 10 bulk Products

when u done with fill everything on csv file

go to prestashop CSV Import > 

What kind of entity would you like to import? Please select > Products

click upload file >  select you file and upload 

ISO 8859-1 encoded file? > click Yes

Field separator > ;

Multiple value separator > ,

well other last 4 option use it if want does not matter

Click next step

make sure ur all menu same as formate

example Id as ID

Name as name

Categories as Categories

when all name match press Import CSV Data

thats all.

( if u stuck at category creation i preferred to do manually and in products csv formate you can use them with comma (,) 

example if u create category in your website as main Category Phone then inside phone > apple , sony, samsung

so in csv file if you imports apple Products so u have to write   > Phone, Apple

If samsung products    > Phone, Samsung

if there no subcategory for products  u can direct write same name

Best of luck i hop this ill help sum 1

• Like 1

I upload more then 10 thousand products in my website..

there are many things u have to do if u want Bulk Upload ...

1st things u have to know about excel formate

when u going to upload bulk products u have to download Sample Products CSV file from ''CSV Import option'' at right side.

Dont open That Sample CSV file u have to make sum changes in your Microsoft Excel application..

1st - go to Excel > Option > Advanced options > Unchecked System Separators and in Decimal and thousand separator both option fill Use comma (,) 

Press OK Save.

( try open Sample Product File if all menu show correct then dont attempt 2nd option )  

2nd - now open empty excel file. again go same to Excel > Option > Advanced options > Scroll Down Bottom in General menu > Web Options > Encoding >

Save Documents as Western European ( Windows ) Select and click ok save it.

well probably at this time. Sample product file must show correctly.

at this point if you  Use Fullstop ( . ) that ill be show as Comma (,) Thats normal

well now fill your sample file with 10 bulk Products

when u done with fill everything on csv file

go to prestashop CSV Import > 

What kind of entity would you like to import? Please select > Products

click upload file >  select you file and upload 

ISO 8859-1 encoded file? > click Yes

Field separator > ;

Multiple value separator > ,

well other last 4 option use it if want does not matter

Click next step

make sure ur all menu same as formate

example Id as ID

Name as name

Categories as Categories

when all name match press Import CSV Data

thats all.

( if u stuck at category creation i preferred to do manually and in products csv formate you can use them with comma (,) 

example if u create category in your website as main Category Phone then inside phone > apple , sony, samsung

so in csv file if you imports apple Products so u have to write   > Phone, Apple

If samsung products    > Phone, Samsung

if there no subcategory for products  u can direct write same name

Best of luck i hop this ill help sum 1

I LOVE YOU MAN :)

thanks a lot you saved me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i have file csv with products and i would import this to another prestashop. it's all ok but not for price. 

when i setting up price with tax excl and tax incl it does not import. prices have the same value (tax excl)

anyone can help me?

• 11 months later...