Voucher Field doesn't show up in the cart (only with Firefox!)

Hi there I have a strange problem.

The voucher field does not show up in the cart (with Firefox, if I check out using Chrome it is showing up normally!).

I have the version 1.4.7 and it has been working perfectly up to few weeks ago. I did not touch or update recently. I have just realized the problem becasue a recent customer did contact me saying that he could not find where to type the vaucher code in.

I did already enable/disable etc...

Attached you will find the 2 check out of the same presta, same shop, same customer ... one with firefox and the other with with chrome.

Please can someone knows where to start with.

Thanks in advance

post-316857-0-44289700-1359628325_thumb.jpg

post-316857-0-99762100-1359628432_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://bestfromparris.com/shop

Add something to your cart and check out. Do it once in Firefox, once with Chrome. You'll see that the voucher code field is deleted by javascript, but only in Firefox. I've gone through the code and it looks like the script block for single-page checkout runs on Firefox for some reason.

Hope you have some ideas!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Just like vekia mentioned it must be a cache / cookies issue. From the Firefox menu click on Start Private Browsing and try to complete checkout. The vouchers field should be shown. Clear your cache and delete your cookies. :)

This is not a solution, obviously. You can't expect customers to switch to private mode, clear cookies and cache in order to successfully use the shopping cart in Firefox, especially if it doesn't happen in Chrome. What this is is proof of the problem.

I use Chrome but it happens to me after I have been checking if all the vouchers I set up in BO are working. As handzon said, you can't expect customer to figure this out. You gave them voucher code but no voucher field in the website. How unfriendly to them.

This is not a solution, obviously. You can't expect customers to switch to private mode, clear cookies and cache in order to successfully use the shopping cart in Firefox, especially if it doesn't happen in Chrome. What this is is proof of the problem.

Your first time client would see the field when using firefox. The issue you'are experiencing is related to your cache and history within the browser.

Try to clear your cache: History > Clear Recent History

Add something to your cart and check out. Do it once in Firefox, once with Chrome. You'll see that the voucher code field is deleted by javascript, but only in Firefox.

I was able to see the voucher code field, first time, on both Firefox and Chrome. Consistent with the other users on this forum.

post-360108-0-54006100-1364913785_thumb.jpg

That picture is from Firefox, on Chrome I was able to see the voucher code the same as vekia did, with css issues.

• Like 1

I know it's my browser problem. I just worry if my customers will encounter the same problem. They may not know it's the cache issue. Instead, they may think I'm cheating telling them the code but unable to enter. We should think from the customer's view, right?