[RESOLVED] Override the helpers form.tpl

be_tnt

Hello!

I am trying to override the form.tpl to add a new input type (linked to a module I am developping). I read the documentation but I do not see how to do it. In any solution, I would need a controller but in my case, I do not have one.

So is there a way to override this form.tpl without a controller and without writting directly in the original file?

Edited by be_tnt (see edit history)

Progress ...

I have created the controller. To override an helper form, I have to place the overriden file under (in my case): admin\themes\default\template\controllers\{name of my controller}\helpers\form.

There I have created the form.tpl with following content:

{extends file="helpers/form/form.tpl"}
{block name="input"}
   {if $input.type == 'filesb'}
    {if isset($input.display_image) && $input.display_image}
	    {if isset($fields_value.image) && $fields_value.image}
	    <div id="image">
		    {$fields_value.image}
		    <p align="center">{l s='File size'} {$fields_value.size}kb</p>
	    </div><br />
	    {/if}
    {/if}
   <input type="file" name="{$input.name}" {if isset($input.id)}id="{$input.id}"{/if} />
    {if !empty($input.hint)}<span class="hint" name="help_box">{$input.hint}<span class="hint-pointer"> </span></span>{/if}
   {else}
    {$smarty.block.parent}
   {/if}
{/block}

In my controller, in fields_form definition, I have:

'input' => array(
 array(
  'type'   =>   'filesb',
  'label'  =>   $this->l('Select a file:'),
  'desc'  =>  $this->l('Banner picture. Extension allowed: jpeg, png, jpg, gif.'),
  'name'   =>   'image',
  'required' =>   false,
  'lang'  =>  true,
  'display_image' => true,
 ),

But when I render the form in BO, the filesb does not seem to be recognized :( Nothing appears in place of filesb.

Did I miss something? I read 10 times the documentation / see examples in existing files but I can not see what I miss. Any idea?

ok found the issue: the controller folder nama had a typo. This is now working.

But checking the code, I see that it's possible to have the form.tpl override in my module folder. The condition is the following:

class: HelperCore

function: createTemplate

else if ($this->module)
  {
   $override_tpl_path = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.$this->module->name.'/views/templates/admin/_configure/'.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
  }

My controller is an instance of AdminController. How can I get the module information???

I fixed my original issue about the override form.tpl for the module.

The form.tpl overriden file should be placed under G:\Eclipse_workspace\cristal-shop\modules\{module name}\views\templates\admin\_configure\helpers\form

For the controller solution, I think it's not possible to have the overriden file under the module folder (at least, I did not find a way to do it).

• Like 1

Hi,

I try to oveload 'list.tpl' in my module.

I put the overriden file in this directory :

- MODULE/views/templates/admin/inventory/helpers/list/

- ADMIN/themes/default/template/controllers/MODULE/helpers/list

... but Prestashop load the original file : ADMIN/themes/default/template/helpers/list/list.tpl

... Any idea ?

Thanks

in Helper.pho, you can see the different folder where the system looks for template overriden:

/**
 * Create a template from the override file, else from the base file.
 * @param string $tpl_name filename
 * @return Template
 */
public function createTemplate($tpl_name)
{
 if ($this->override_folder)
 {
  if ($this->context->controller instanceof ModuleAdminController)
   $override_tpl_path = $this->context->controller->getTemplatePath().$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
  else if ($this->module)
   $override_tpl_path = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.$this->module->name.'/views/templates/admin/_configure/'.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
  else
  {
   if (file_exists($this->context->smarty->getTemplateDir(1).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name))
 $override_tpl_path = $this->context->smarty->getTemplateDir(1).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
   else if (file_exists($this->context->smarty->getTemplateDir(0).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'controllers'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name))
 $override_tpl_path = $this->context->smarty->getTemplateDir(0).'controllers'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
  }
 }
 else if ($this->module)
  $override_tpl_path = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.$this->module->name.'/views/templates/admin/_configure/'.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;
 if (isset($override_tpl_path) && file_exists($override_tpl_path))
 {
  return $this->context->smarty->createTemplate($override_tpl_path, $this->context->smarty);
 }
 else
  return $this->context->smarty->createTemplate($this->base_folder.$tpl_name, $this->context->smarty);
}

In your case, the path where to store the list.tpl would be:

hope this will help you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to override form.tpl.

I created the folders and the file for

but I don't understand how to call this file because $this->module is empty.

Thanks

EDIT : It's resolved... the real path was

$override_tpl_path = $this->context->controller->getTemplatePath().$this->override_folder.$this->base_folder.$tpl_name;

Edited by Mehdib92 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
There is a way to override the form.tpl without changing the Helper.php class

Place the form.tpl file in the following folder :

{module_dir}/views/templates/admin/{AdminController->tpl_folder}/helpers/form/form.tpl

You can find the {AdminController->tpl_folder} in AdminController.php class at row 381

$this->tpl_folder = Tools::toUnderscoreCase(substr($this->controller_name, 5)).'/';

Prestashop version 1.6.0.8

Edited by desmowow (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi 

i have created my own module which is having a backoffice controller file which is similar to order detail page in order page, when i click on the view link , i am getting a blank page. i have placed the helpers/views/view.tpl but i am not getting anything.  i have placed under mymodulename/views/templates/admin/mymodulename/helpers/views/view.tpl or in mymodulename folder after the admin folder i have to give my controller folder name.

how to give {AdminController->tpl_folder} here my controller name is adminvendorder.

Edited by karthiiiiiiiiiik (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't want to add more informations

Just change the template "disposition".

My module works fine with my own form, without using helperform.

But I would like to use helperform, and for this, I need to override form.tpl

I don't understand the path I must use for my form.tpl file.

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

mymodule/views/templates/admin/controllername/helpers/form/form.tpl

BUT!!!

PrestaShop use Tools::toUnderscoreCase() for "controllername", which modifies "controllername" value.... If you have "CMSCategories" controler name, when need use 'cms_categories' folder...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Please, can you help me ?

This is my controller, with renderform function
http://pastebin.com/FG6URnxW

I've create my own form.tpl in modules/edelweiss_revenues/views/templates/admin/revenues/helpers/form/form.tpl

"revenues" is my controller name.
I can display it with Tools::toUnderscoreCase(substr($this->controller_name, 5));

But form templating is still the original one, it doesn't take my override :-(
What's wrong please ?

Thanks

BUT!!!

PrestaShop use Tools::toUnderscoreCase() for "controllername", which modifies "controllername" value.... If you have "CMSCategories" controler name, when need use 'cms_categories' folder...

that means your controllername : "revenues"might be changed to _revenues, as i understood from previous explanations

EDIT : it seems that you already check that, sorry

I can display it with Tools::toUnderscoreCase(substr($this->controller_name, 5));

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
To make it clear to everyone.

This is more easy than we can thought, so forget to override classes/controllers or copy the files on admin folder

For PS1.6 and above (I didn't check on PS.15)

The function dedicated to fetch the template is createTemplate from Helper Class take a look for more details, or other specific situations.

Basic example to override helper form.tpl, just create the file on the next folder.

Override the helper form of your module: 

/modules/module_name/views/templates/admin/_configure/helpers/form/form.tpl

Override the helper form of your module controller:

/modules/module_name/views/templates/admin/controllername/helpers/form/form.tpl

That's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

If anyone still need help with this, you have to create a new form.tpl in your module using the following structure:

• modules
    • mymodule
      • controllers
        • MymoduleController.php
      • mymodule.php
      • views
        • templates
          • admin
            • _customize (this folder can have other name, this depends on your prestashop version, so look in the Helper.php, in createTemplate() function to find out the path and the right name)
              • helpers
                • form
                  • form.tpl

Check this tutorial.

• 8 months later...
On 7/10/2014 at 11:43 AM, desmowow said:
There is a way to override the form.tpl without changing the Helper.php class

Place the form.tpl file in the following folder :

{module_dir}/views/templates/admin/{AdminController->tpl_folder}/helpers/form/form.tpl

Still here in v. 1.7.6.1. Thanx man for helping in not wasting my time.