Memory Limits and Config Information

Hi all,

I am re-doing my shop using 1.5.3 (upgrading went horribly wrong :( ) and loving it so far!

But I have hit the same old problem of trying to add a product with many combinations - around 1600. With 1.4 I simply upped the memory limit on my server and it worked. I have tried doing this for 1.5 and its not made a difference. In fact when I click on configuration information it still shows the old memory limit of 256M even though php.ini throughout the site is set to 1024M and is set to that under my servers PHP variables.

As a test I changed the PHP version on the server to see if it would change in config info and it did! Its just the memory limit that wont change. Is it set somewhere else within 1.5?

I am stuck as my server is set to 1024M but my shop thinks its on 256M...

Is there any work around - I am going to buy Attribute Wizard Pro soon, but need to turn over a bit more cash before doing so - so a fix for now would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you see 1024M using phpinfo()?

It's possible that you host is not reading it, you can also try placing the php.ini in the admin folder, as it can be folder specific.

PS 1.5 is using more information for attributes, and would require more ram than 1.4

Place this file in the root of your shop then browse to the file ie: yourshop.com/phpinfo.php and look through the info and see what is given for memory.

Look to your config.inc.php file and see if this line exist - ini_set ('memory_limit ','1024M');

If not try adding to the /* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */ section and see if that helps.