HELP - Shopin cart module

Hi,

I've moved the cart module to the left column and when I press an "ADD TO CART" button my cart display the product price but not the product until I refresh a page.

How can I modify the cart module to show a product immediately after I press an "ADD TO CART" button?

Thanks

cart.jpg

Edited by ldon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Unless your theme modified this functionality, the cart should update in real time, once a product is added.

Are you able to see if you're getting any Javascript Errors? Chances are, you may have an error that's preventing the cart from updating.

If you could let us know of any errors or send us a link to your test site, we may be able to diagnose the issue a little better.

I am having a similar problem after upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3.1 and using the default theme. I have an ajax cart, and have also hooked the cart block module into the right column block.

As you can see from this picture, when I add a product to the cart it updates the Grey Box cart summary at the top of the page, and in the Cart Block it updates the Total. However, it does NOT show the product in the cart - instead it says "No Products".

If I refresh the page in my browser, add another product or do pretty much anything then it comes right, but it is confusing customers who don't know to do this.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Unless your theme modified this functionality, the cart should update in real time, once a product is added.

Are you able to see if you're getting any Javascript Errors? Chances are, you may have an error that's preventing the cart from updating.

If you could let us know of any errors or send us a link to your test site, we may be able to diagnose the issue a little better.

But as djury has written after I add another product everything works fin at a rieal time.

I've put a fresh installation of prestashop 1.5.3 and just transplanted cart block to the left column it it work the same way. Doesnt show the first item after adding.

• Like 1

Hi Idon, I am trying to test the issue that you are having, could you tell me how to reproduce?

1. Install a fresh 1.5.3.1 version

2.Transplant the cart block to the left column

1a.jpg

3. Add any item to the cart

2a.jpg

Cart shows the price and postage but not the first item until you refresh a page.

When you add next product, everything works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue was logged on http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-7606 on 31 January and it is assigned to Sarah Lorenzini.

Unfortunately, there is no comment yet on the issue so perhaps it would help if everyone clicked on "Vote" and "Watch".

This issue has caused so many problems with our customers that we have had to revert back a version.

Does anyone in the Prestashop team have any idea when the next version will be released?

• 3 months later...