Site for custom jewelry ?

Hello,

I have just downloaded the software and I have a couple of questions...

I sell custom Jewelry as a fundraiser for kids sports.

1. How can I set up so that a customer MUST enter the team info they are associated with

So that the right teams received their money?

2. The items I sell are customizable. For example if someone buys a bracelet, the base bracelet is $4 and they can then add charms for $2 each. I need to know how they want them on the bracelet and if they order more than one i need to know from the order what goes on what.

I'm really hoping this is the software that will help me get this up and running quickly.

I sell at events but everyone is asking for a website so they can keep buying :)

I have a wholesale-to-stores-only site I'm using with Prestashop, so your site should somewhat similar to set up. First you want to modify the registration form so that the team they enter is visible and required. In the standard form, Company is listed after the person's name. If you don't care about their company and want to change it to Team Association you could do that in the Localization / Translations area in your Back Office. Select Front Office translations and click the flag you want to change. Find instances of Company and have it translate to Team Association.

After that, you have to make it required. You can edit that in authentication.tpl in your theme (I think). There are how-tos on the web; here's one.

For the charms, you can enter all kinds of Attributes with different values in the Catalog area of your back office. You'd have to type in some instructions, but you could have several drop down boxes with each bracelet allowing them to choose as many charms as they would need. Each attribute - value would add $2 to the base cost. Easy to do that in your Products section. You could have say, 10 charm drop down boxes, each containing 10 or so different charms. You could label the attributes Charm 1, Charm 2, Charm 3, etc. so that the customer could pick which ones they wanted first, second, etc. on the bracelet.

That's a start. There are more complicated scenerios which you can describe to us. Prestashop should be able to handle most variations.

• Like 2