Error message "http 500"

netkomer

Hi all,

I have installed prestashop version 1.5.2.0 and I have just updated paypal modulo to version 3.4.4

The problem is that now paypal is not working properly, I always get error message "http 500" when trying to buy via paypal.

How can I get previous version of paypal module so that to install it again?

Best regards,

Juan

It's a very big problem between Prestashop 1.5 and Paypal 3.4.4.

There is no solution at this moment, one would be continue using Prestashop 1.5 but with an older version of Paypal module. Does anybody know how we can do this?

Yesterday I called Prestashop and sent a email to [email protected] and Paypal too, I'm waiting for their news,

saludos desde Madrid.

It's a very big problem between Prestashop 1.5 and Paypal 3.4.4.

There is no solution at this moment, one would be continue using Prestashop 1.5 but with an older version of Paypal module. Does anybody know how we can do this?

Yesterday I called Prestashop and sent a email to [email protected] and Paypal too, I'm waiting for their news,

saludos desde Madrid.

hi jorge8086, I feel so frustrated to find a way to fix it. If you get the solution and solve the issue, please post it here and let me know too, thanks.

Dear friends, I've got the solution for this, found at the spanish forum (so if you apply it and it works you have to give a cheer to Spain!):

For the problem with Prestashop 1.5.2 and Paypal module 3.4.4:

- Go to "../modules/paypal/express_checkout" and edit "process.php"

- Go to124 line (or look for the instruction) and replace "if ($cart_currency != $currency_module)" with "if ($cart_currency !== $currency_module)"

- Save and upload the file.

- It's done, it will work!!

Best regards from Spain,

Jorge.

• Like 1

Dear friends, I've got the solution for this, found at the spanish forum (so if you apply it and it works you have to give a cheer to Spain!):

- Go to124 line (or look for the instruction) and replace "if ($cart_currency != $currency_module)" with "if ($cart_currency !== $currency_module)"

Best regards from Spain,

Jorge.

Doesn't do anything, still doesn't work. :(

I have Prestashop 1.5.3.1 and Paypal module 3.4.4.

TIP:

You can't solve a 500 error without the underlying error message which is by default hidden as to protect people from knowing what your underlying server/site information is.

1. You need to know the error

for 1.5.3

modify config/defines.php.inc to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

before 1.5.3

modify config/config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

2. reproduce the error

3. using google search use this term: prestashop (part of your error message)

TIP:

You can't solve a 500 error without the underlying error message which is by default hidden as to protect people from knowing what your underlying server/site information is.

1. You need to know the error

for 1.5.3

modify config/defines.php.inc to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

before 1.5.3

modify config/config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

2. reproduce the error

3. using google search use this term: prestashop (part of your error message)

did you do this?

Seems that a large number of people are having issues with PayPal module. This issue definitely results from the last update to paypal module. A very fundamental flaw and definitely a show stopper for Prestashop when the most commonly used payment module is broken. Come on Prestashop sort it out !!!

Marty

http://NZstore.biz

please don't double post your philosophy...this works for the majority of people, then a majority of others follow community members advice and help to get it fixed...by giving detail or following advice

Best regards from Spain,

Jorge.

it's perfect with presta 1.5.017 and paypal 3.4.4

it works

many thanks

I have been having this problem. I have resolved the inmediate 500 error by changing all the directory permissions to 755 and all the file permisions to 644.

Now I get all the way through paypal and then the process blows up because the sales amount and/or pre-tax amounts are not matching.

But the first hurdle was the file permissions! Make sure they are correct or you'll never get to the next bug...

Best regards from Spain,

Jorge.

Does not fork for me too ! PS 1.5.3.1 and Paypal 3.4.4 and also not for PS 1.5.2. and Paypal-Module 3.4.1 (this line is there not available on 3.4.1)

I have been having this problem. I have resolved the inmediate 500 error by changing all the directory permissions to 755 and all the file permisions to 644.

Now I get all the way through paypal and then the process blows up because the sales amount and/or pre-tax amounts are not matching.

But the first hurdle was the file permissions! Make sure they are correct or you'll never get to the next bug...

Not solving the "Error" page too :unsure::(

• 1 month later...