Fatal error: Cannot redeclare p() (previously declared in /web/cabser/www/config/config.inc.php:90)

I have installed the last version on my server . I could connect to the database but since I have connected to the back office I have this error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare p() (previously declared in /web/cabser/www/config/config.inc.php:90)

Could someone could help me .

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm working on setting up a clone of my live site in order to run an upgrade from 1.4.4.1 to current.  I followed the instructions at this link that I found here in the forums:  https://www.squirrel...-info.php?id=27

It seems pretty basic....export the database, import it to the new one, FTP all of the files over and change the database settings in the settings.inc file.  No errors were encountered importing the SQL file, and the file counts match between the source ftp directory and the target.  I can log into the database with phpMyAdmin and everything appears to be there.

Upon trying to access the site, I get a 500 error, blank page.  I turned on error displays, and see this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare p() (previously declared in /home7/lakelao1/public_html/devstore/config/config.inc.php:86) in /home7/lakelao1/public_html/devstore/classes/config/config.inc.php on line 88

This led me to this thread.....

I'm finding include(..../config.inc.php in a huge number of files.  Do they all need to be edited and changed to include_once(?  Could there be an issue with my PHP configuration?  The site is running fine in production......just not on my staging server.

I can mass search/replace if that's the fix for this server, but I don't want to jump in too deep and screw things up further.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

-Ed G.