[Solved] Default 1.5.3.1 Theme Trouble

Hello,

I installed PrestaShop last week and have been trying to learn the system (I am an HTML/CSS guy)

Today I installed a free theme from the forums here to see how it looked and when I switched back to the standard theme, Internet Explorer would not load the page. Chrome does load but images are missing, the slider is from the previous free theme, the module positions are off... its a mess.

So I downloaded a fresh copy of the standard 1.5.3.1 theme and installed through theme-installer (just as I did for the free theme) and the module positions changed slightly but they are still messed up.

The site isnt live but here is the link

http://69.36.191.225/index.php

What do I do? Its a mess

Thanks,

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

Update:

The header now appears correct, the left column is missing and the footer is still messed up.

I have tried replacing the global.css with a clean backup copy

I have tried replacing the cms.tpl with a clean copy

I have tried installing the entire default theme folder and content with a clean copy through ftp

Nothing is changing.

I know I am new to PS but I just don't get why installing a theme to see how it looks and then going back to the default theme would cause these problems... frustrating...

Any help from mods or support would be much appreciated as I am stuck and short of removing PrestaShop from my server and re-installing, i don't know how to else to fix this.

If there is a better place in the forum to post the issue I am having, please advise.

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

Thank you. I am considering exactly what you said - reinstall from scratch. I just wasnt aware that simply installing a theme from this forum (rather than pulling some random theme from the internet) then switching back to default would cause this type of problem. If I paid for a theme would that solve the issue or is it best just to start over?

if the theme you installed put modules into the module folder or otherwise modified outside of it's theme folder...then it's crap and non-ps compliant...this is not like say wordpress where you have a place for free modules/themes that is rated by the community.

remember back up back up back up...

• Like 1